ONE

I confidently walk towards my new school with a determined mindset and expression. With my head held high, I approach the tall, (a lot taller than I had previously pictured it to be), crowded building before taking a deep, calming breath and stepping inside.

The loud corridors are filled with students standing by their navy coloured lockers with their friends. I see a group of both girls and boys, their hair dyed eccentrically, rings piercing their faces and they're all attired in mostly black. Another group I notice is what I assume, the popular crowd. They all have perfectly unblemished skin and long, mostly blonde, hair reaching the bottom of their backs. Very stereotypical, but true.

As I walk through the busy corridor, I notice people sending me sceptical looks, which I suppose was inevitable with my short, curled and silver hair, my honey coloured skin and foreign facial features.

My mother is fully British, but was adopted by a lovely Korean couple when she was only two months old. Although she grew up learning Korean and not English, she is a fully blooded Brit. When she was sixteen, she met my father and at the age of twenty, they were married and she soon after fell pregnant with me. I inherited my mother's skin tone and vibrant green eyes but my father's nose and mouth. I look foreign but I can speak very little, broken English.

I stop by the door labelled 'OFFICE' and politely knock, waiting for the call for me to enter. When I hear a feminine, loud voice shout "come in!", I twist the handle and step inside of the minuscule room.

"How may I help you?" A short, middle-aged woman asks from behind the wooden desk, pushing her glasses further up her nose.

"My name is Kim Violet, I'm a new student here." I introduce, bowing.

"Oh, Violet, it's nice to meet you. You have a lovely name." She smiles, reaching for a drawer beside her desk and sorting through piles of organised papers.

"Thank you," I glance at the small name tag clipped to her blazer, "Mrs Aan."

She finally finds what she's searching for, pulling a file from the collection. She places it onto the spotless desk, opening the pages and checking it before nodding in confirmation. She pulls a sheet of paper from the file and hands it to me, it reads 'timetable'.

"There's a map of the school on the back just incase you can't find your way around. Your first lesson starts in a few minutes, the classroom is on the second floor, just next to the stairs so it should be easy to find. If you need any help or have any enquiries, please come and see me." She smiles and I bow.

"Thank you."

Mrs Aan was right; the classroom was extremely easy to find. I peer through the window and notice the class is only half full and I sigh in relief, relieved that I'm not late on my first day.

I take a deep breath before opening the door and stepping inside, catching the attention of my new classmates. They look towards me and I awkwardly smile before approaching the teacher's desk.

"Excuse me," I cough under my breath and the man looks up. "I'm Kim Violet, the new student."

"Oh, Violet," He speaks revealing his impeccable smile. "It's a pleasure to have you in my class, my name is Mr Park. You can sit beside Eunki at the back."

I nod and turn around, seeing a girl with headphones occupying her ears at the back, scribbling mindlessly inside a notepad. I walk towards her, taking the seat beside her and sitting down but she doesn't even flinch. I hesitantly outstretch my arm and gently tap her shoulder, causing her to pull her headphones off her head and slowly face me.

But when she sees me, her annoyed expression changes and she grins. I inaudibly sigh in relief.

"Oh, hey, I thought you were Jimin trying to pester me, sorry. You're new here right? Violet, is that your name?" She asks and I nod, "I'm Eunki."

"Right, class," Mr Park calls catching our attention, "I know that we're a few people short but let's get the lesson started."

"He's good looking, right?" Eunki whispers and I smile, embarrassed but nodding discreetly.

Mr Park rolls up his sleeves revealing multiple tattoos inked across his skin. I turn to Eunki with raised eyebrows and she mouths the word 'gorgeous' causing me to snicker.

"Miss Violet, since you're finding my lesson so hilarious, I would like you to answer this question," he smirks, leaning against the chalkboard and I sink back into my chair, embarrassed. "In which year was the first E-Mail sent?"

"1971, Sir." I answer confidently.

He nods. "I'm impressed."

Mr Park continues to teach and around halfway through the lesson, the door bursts open and seven boys stumble inside with cheeky smirks on their faces.

"Ah, boys, late again?" Mr Park questions, unimpressed.

"Sorry, Mr Park." The shortest, his hair brightly blonde, apologises in an insincere tone.

"You all have a detention tomorrow night, now sit down."

They groan but don't complain, all shrugging their shoulders and heading towards their seats. I watch in annoyance as the boy with orange coloured hair takes the empty seat beside me, immediately propping his feet onto the desk rebelliously.

He looks to his right, in my direction, before glancing back. However it's not long before his head faces my way again, a simultaneously surprised and amused expression on his face.

"You're new." He states, his voice surprising me with its deepness and raspy tone.

"That's correct." I say quietly and Mr Park sighs, looking in my direction.

"Violet, you're talking again, I see. You can join the boys in detention tomorrow."

I roll my eyes before glaring at the nameless boy beside me.

"Thanks for that." I whisper sharply and he smirks.

"My pleasure," he speaks, not bothering to decrease the volume in his voice, "You can call me V, by the way."