FORTY FIVE

"He looked me directly in the eyes," I tell Taehyung who looks both afraid and concerned as he stares at me. "I promise, I'm not lying."

"Are you sure it wasn't somebody who looks like him?" He asks me sceptically, to which I shake my head quickly.

"Yes, it was definitely him. I could never mistake him for someone else. He even had the same tiny scar above his left eyebrow, Tae."

"Violet," he breathes shakily. "Mike is in Busan. He isn't here."

I want to believe that I was right, that Mike was actually here. But how could he be? He is in Busan, maybe I did imagine it after all.

"Can we go home now?" I ask quietly and he nods straight away, reaching forward to take my hand in his. He pulls me gently out of the store and leads me to his car that is parked outside.

Once I sit in the passenger seat, I lean forward and hold my face in my hands. I feel V's hand being placed on the small of my back in an attempt to comfort me, but my emotions are too mixed up right now for calming down.

If Mike wasn't actually there, then I must be going crazy.

"I'm so scared, Tae." I whisper, my voice barely audible through my hands. It sounds like an incoherent mumble but V seems to hear me loud and clear.

"It's okay, Vi, you don't need to be scared." He tells me soothingly.

"But you don't understand, I saw him! He was standing at the other side of the store, he was staring at me."

"Let's go home first, we can talk about it more there. Is that okay?" I nod my head in response to his question and he begins to drive.

The ride home is practically silent but I don't mind; it gives me time to think things through. Perhaps my near-panic attack last night caused me to imagine him, maybe that's why it happened. But I never once thought that hallucinations were normal symptoms.

After around ten minutes or so Tae's car pulls up outside of my house. Instead of unbuckling our seat belts we stay completely still. It's silent again and all that can be heard are our breaths.

"You'll be okay," I turn to face V who's voice is thick of emotion. His eyes show sincerity and he moves his hand so that it's resting on top of my own. "You'll be okay."

"Are you sure?" I ask him, to which he nods adamantly. "Because I don't think that I will be, not after this."

"Of course you will be, maybe you were just tired. The brain does strange things when running on little sleep. Don't worry too much about it, Violet, not unless it happens again which it won't."

We make our way into my house and the first thing I notice is that the place isn't quite the same.

In the living room, the couch has been overturned and the display cabinet is smashed. Through the archway I can see that multiple plates are smashed and are lying in a heap on the kitchen floor. My heart instantly begins to beat quicker at the mere sight of it. Someone broke into my house.

"I'll ring the police." Tae says quietly from behind me, sounding unsure of what to say.

I nod but don't speak, making my way towards the cabinet and crouching down in front of it. On the floor lies a smashed photo frame which holds a photo of my dad and I, from when I was only child when we visited Disney Land. I feel hot tears surface inside my eyes but I blink them away, determined to remain strong, especially for my mum who I know will be shaken by this.

I instinctively think that this is of Mike's doing. But he is in Busan.

"Has anything been stolen?" V asks carefully.

I look around, searching for the expensive items. The TV is still here, as is my laptop which lies on the coffee table. I shake my head in response to Taehyung's question as I continue to look around at the mess.

"Then it doesn't seem to be a robbery," Tae cleverly decides. "I think someone is trying to scare you - or me, perhaps."

"Why?" I frown, my voice shaky. "What did I do wrong?"

"Nothing, baby," he comforts me by hugging me. "You've done nothing wrong."

Tae calls the police for me and they visit the house. They try to find DNA samples and tell us that they'll contact us as soon as they find anything.

V and I attempt to clean up the mess to pass time as we wait for my mum to return home from work. When she does, she doesn't notice that anything is wrong until she spots the smashed photo frame that's lying on the coffee table. I explain to her cautiously what we found, and she surprisingly doesn't panic like I thought she would.

"We can stay in a motel tonight, Violet," She tells me and I nod in agreement. "Just to be safe."

"There's no need," Tae steps forward. "You can both stay at mine."

"That's very generous of you, Taehyung, but what about your father? Won't he mind?" My mum asks.

He shakes his head, "my dad is visiting his sister who lives outside of town for the weekend."

"In that case, we'd love to stay," my mum smiles, as do I. "Thank you, Taehyung."

"It's my pleasure."

an; jun jun juuunnnn

who do you think broke into her house ??

idk either so give me ideas pls