THIRTY THREE PART ONE

TW: mentioning of abuse, both physical and (slightly) sexual. This is a really sensitive chapter which I hope I've written honestly and throughly enough to portray the horror of abuse. Please read at your own discretion.

My blood runs cold as I begin to desperately turn the handle. I hit my first against the door repeatedly and use all of my strength to push it open. But it remains firmly locked and that's when the panic sets in fully.

"Let me out," I shriek and stumble backwards away from him. He stands up with his hand pressed to his now-red cheek, repeatedly shaking his head. "Let me out now!"

I briefly forget the pain in my leg and drop the crutches. I run to his ensuite and lock the door immediately behind me. I sit on the tiled flooring with wide eyes as I hear his footsteps slowly approaching me. The pain soon erupts in my leg and I can't help but to let out a fearful cry of pain.

"Open the door, Violet." Mike's voice demand from the other side of the door. I squeeze my eyes shut and grip the ends of my long sleeved top, shaking my head and desperately wishing that this is all just a bad dream.

"Leave me alone." I say quietly, just loud enough for him to hear me.

My phone is in my bag, but it has barely any charge and no service. Nevertheless, I search for it and pray that it'll work.

I send V a message, simply stating: 'I'm at Mike's house, track my phone location and please help me'. It doesn't send due to the dismal service in his huge house, but I'm not giving up.

I limp towards the tiny window situated beside the shower. I open it as quietly as I can, trying my hardest to ignore the pounding on the door, and lean out of it. I hold my phone up into the air and wait for the message to send. Luckily, it finally does.

I don't know how V will track my location, but hopefully he knows a way how to.

I close the window and shove my phone into my back pocket. Suddenly the door bursts open, revealing Mike holding a key in his hands.

"Did you really think I didn't have a spare?" He breathes, looking frighteningly angry.

I step backwards but he's quick to step towards me. I barely have the opportunity to scream before my shoulders are roughly grabbed and I'm pulled out of the room.

I look into his dark eyes as he pushes me to the floor. I land with a thud, a burning sensation running up my leg and my shoulder instantly aching due to the harsh contact.

"Stop, please..." I hopelessly beg, vulnerable and helpless.

"You always leave me," he says, sounding on the verge of hysteria. "Why? Why do you always leave me?"

"Mike-"

"Shut up!" He shouts, interrupting me. He grabs roughly onto the strands of his dark hair and breathes heavily, obviously in some state of conflict.

"Please, if you really still love me, you'd let me go." I say quietly and try to stand up.

After all of the many years of knowing him, I never would have expected him to do what he does next. Before my shoulder blades are barely off the floor, the bottom of his foot is being roughly stamped onto my chest, pinning me back down. The contact causes me to lose my breath for a few moments, and I wheeze as the tears fall heavily.

"Mike-"

"Shut up, Violet!" He screams and crouches down. I watch in horror as he grabs the hem of my shirt and lifts me up slightly, before harshly pushing me back down onto the ground. He does this again, again, and again, until I feel as though I can no longer breathe properly.

My head spins, my leg burns, my side aches. I feel myself slipping in and out of consciousness as he continues to battle his own thoughts.

"I love you, but-but you just make me so angry sometimes." He leans down and begins to stroke my hair. I want to tell him to stop, but the fear and pain has paralysed me.

Where is V? I pray that he finds me quickly, I don't know if I can even stay conscious for much longer.

"I'm sorry." Mike whispers and brings his head closer to my face.

He kisses my lips and I feel sick. I can't push him away, I'm too weak. The pain inside my head is blaring and I can barely keep my eyes open anymore.

I sob as his lips move further down, to my jaw, to my neck, to the area of my chest. I want to vomit. The feeling of his lips on me feels all too familiar and I hate it. I hate him, I hate this.

"Stop." I muster the energy to whisper.

He doesn't listen. He never used to. He never does. He always gets what he wants.

"No..."

"Come on, Violet. I know that you want this." Through half lidded eyes, I see that his hands are shaking and there's a few tears running down his cheeks.

His hands make their way to either side of my body, where he pins my wrists above my head using only one hand. Not harshly, but strongly enough for me to become unable to resist him. He's gentle as he continues to kiss me but I don't want his lips on me. I want him off, I want V.

I feel myself slip away slightly, my eyes closing. The last thing that I remember is him beginning to slowly unbutton my shirt. And once again, there's absolutely nothing that I can do about it.