FIFTY ONE

an; this chapter is basically the reason why i love violet

also pls read the an at the end before judging bc there's something that may not be clear but idk

"You can't hide in there forever!" I hear a rough voice shout from outside the so-called 'safe' hideout.

"What are we going to do?" Jimin asks breathlessly. 

"We're going to hold our ground. Don't fire, let them do that. They can only have so many bullets." Yoongi announces and the seven of us nod. 

"Is Eunki alright?" Jin asks from the other side of the room. 

I nod. "She's fine, don't worry." 

Bang

This time, the bullet flies straight passed me. I clamp my mouth shut with my hand to muffle a frightened scream and Jimin pulls me onto the floor beside him. 

"Don't move." he warns protectively.

"I can't believe Jungkook did that to us." Hoseok speaks up, his tone sounding both angry and disappointed. 

"He could have gotten Violet killed. Sending J to her house like he did, what a maniac." Taehyung says angrily. 

"I know," I nod. "I never thought he was capable of doing such a thing." 

Bang

Everything is silent. Everything is fine. 

"Jimin!" 

His grip on me loosens and I turn around slightly so that I can see him. 

Blood, there's blood everywhere. 

"Jimin," I mumble in shock. "Where...?" 

He moves his hand, which is shaking tremendously, and moves his jacket aside revealing his wounded shoulder. Part of me is relieved that it's only his shoulder which is hit and not his heart or his head.

"Oh my god..." I mumble, climbing to my knees. 

"Violet, stay down-" 

Bang

Yet another bullet only just misses me. At this point, I don't care; I'm only focused on helping Jimin. There's a blanket beside me which I lean forward and grab. 

"I'm going to press this onto your shoulder, okay? It's going to hurt." I warn him and he nods whilst biting his lip. 

He flinches when I press the blanket onto his wound that just doesn't seem to stop bleeding. He groans in pain when I press harder but I know it'll help him. 

"Violet, stay down." He orders again, his voice laced with agony. 

"No, I need to help you-" 

Bang.

The bullet flies straight passed me. Again. 

"Violet, I swear to god, stay down," Jimin tells me again. "I'll keep this on my shoulder myself." 

This time, I oblige and lay down whilst keeping my eyes on Jimin to ensure he's not breaking his promise. He keeps the blanket firmly onto his wound, and soon enough, the pale yellow blanket turns into a sickening shade of maroon. 

"He's losing too much blood." Hoseok admits fearfully. 

"What do we do?" I ask, watching in dismay as Jimin's grip on the blanket starts to loosen.