TWENTY EIGHT

"I'll explain later." I finally give in although I'm not actually going to reveal anything. He deserves to know, yes, but I can't bring myself to tell him yet again. 

"I'm back." Jin announces as he turns the corner, this time, with my crutches in his hands.

"Thank you." I bow appreciatively, taking them from him. 

"Should we eat lunch outside of school today?" V asks and I nod. 

"Sure." 

We decide to eat at the usual nearby diner, considering the school allows students to leave for lunch - as long as they're safety back by 2pm on the dot. The rest of V and I's friends come with us, too. 

Stepping onto the bus is a greater struggle than I had imagined. It's at least 30cm off the ground and I can barely lift myself 10cm high. At first, having crutches was fun. Now, however, the consequences of not being fit enough to lift my own body weight are starting to show. 

"Can you manage?" Jimin asks as I try my hardest to step inside, whilst simultaneously trying to ignore the bus driver and other passengers who are sending me annoyed glares.

"I can do it." I say quietly and try one last time. Fortunately, I make it onboard. 

"Took you long enough." A random girl mutters underneath her breath. 

V stares and opens his mouth to, I assume, criticise her, but I place a hand onto his shoulder. "Just leave it, V." 

We make our ways to the back where there are a selection of empty seats. I sit beside Jin and V as the bus begins to drive again, when I've only just sat down. The journey there doesn't take too long, thank goodness, so when I notice the diner outside I instantly stand up. 

Bad move. 

I stand before I have the opportunity to sort my crutches -- and of course, with my appalling luck and tendency of being clumsy, before the bus has properly stopped its engine. When it does, however, I'm inevitably sent falling backwards as my balance is lost. 

Unlike a few months ago, when the exact same thing happened, I'm not surprised when I feel a pair of strong hands catching me. Looking up, I see V, whose face suddenly turns pale and he squeezes his eyes shut. What's going on? 

After I stand and regain my balance, I concernedly try and ask him if he's alright, alongside the other six boys. He doesn't say anything, he just hunches forward and grips his hair as if he's suffering with a sudden migraine. 

"It's all coming back to me." He mutters and I frown. What on earth is this boy on about? 

"Wait, I think that his memory is returning." The clever one of the group, Namjoon, announces and my eyes widen. 

V's eyes shut for a few moments and the seven of us stare at him -- both worried and optimistic. After what feels like years, they open. Instead of looking confused like beforehand, he's smiling. 

"I think I remember everything." 

"Oh my god, V, that's great!" I grin and hug him. 

When I pull away however, his smile has vanished. 

"What's wrong?" I ask worriedly. 

"You lied to me." He says quietly. 

"What are you talking about?" 

"I remember everything, Violet," he looks up. "Everything about Mike."