SIXTY FIVE

an; final chapter, omg! you guys chose cute over drama which i was kinda bummed about because i'm so sadistic istg but i listened!! i hope you love it and pls read the an at the end too for my soppy mess of a thank you

Jimin, Taehyung and I delve further into the forest in hope of finding some wood to burn. There's trees everywhere but apparently only certain branches will suffice for our bonfire.

"There's loads of it here," Jimin says. "Violet, you can pick up these and me and Taehyung will go find some more. Don't worry, we're only a few metres away." 

"Okay, sure." I say and begin to pick up the wood, branch by branch. 

The pile grows so tall that it reaches my chin and my arms begin to struggle with their weight. We're only around a minute walk away from the cabin, though, so I don't mind. 

"Tae, Jimin!" I call. "I'm going to head back now."

I look around and they're completely out of sight, even though I could see them just a few seconds ago. I call their names again, this time slightly more weary, before deciding to head back anyway. They probably just went a little further into the forest and forgot to tell me. 

Something inside of the bushes beside me moves and I gasp, jumping back sightly. It was probably just an animal, Violet. Carrying on, I walk a little quicker towards the cabin. 

That is, until, someone jumps out at me from behind a tree, shouting "boo!" so loudly that the branches tumble to the floor. 

Jimin and Taehyung laugh so loudly that I'm sure all the animals in the forest can hear them. They high-five each other, proud of the fact they successfully scared me. 

"We got you real good, Violet." Jimin says, in hysterics. I attempt to look angry but fail miserably, smiling instead. 

"Guys," I whine whilst motioning towards the fallen branches. "Look what you made me do!" 

"Sorry." Jimin laughs insincerely. 

"Don't worry, babe. We'll help you pick them up." Taehyung offers and crouches down.

Despite it taking way longer than intended, we head back to the cabin with our collections ready for the bonfire. It isn't dark yet but the sun is beginning to set, which means there isn't too long to wait.

"Took you guys long enough." Eunki says once we return. I nod knowingly and let the boys explain their 'hilarious' prank on me to the others. 

When they all laugh I exclaim, "it wasn't funny! I almost had a heart attack. Show me a bit of sympathy, guys." 

"Sorry, Violet, but it sounds pretty funny." Yoongi laughs and I jokingly glare at him.

"It really wasn't."

For a while we sit around on the sofas, endlessly chatting until the sky outside dims. We don't need a clock to know it's approaching nighttime; the huge window opening up the sky outside to us is the only indicator we need. I even notice a few stars scattered about, slightly dim but preparing to glow. 

Taehyung and I head back into our temporary room and change. It's a little colder outside at night (obviously) so I decide to simply put on a coat over my outfit. I borrow Tae's navy scarf and slip my own hat onto my head, on top of my hair which colour is beginning to fade. 

"My scarf looks good on you, Vi." Taehyung grins, stepping towards me. He places his hands onto my hips and tugs me a little closer, before enveloping me into a surprising yet comforting hug. 

"I think it looks better on you." I say with a little smile. 

There's a knock at the door and Taehyung shouts "come in!" before Sehun steps inside. He smiles at us both, a somewhat awkward expression on his face.