FIFTY TWO

do not listen to i need u when reading this

if ur as emo as me you will anyway

Taehyung's P.O.V

One moment everything was fine - as fine as it could be, that is. I was sitting beside Jungkook, my best friend and little brother, as he defended me against the gunshots. The next moment, Jimin is storming out of the hatch and pinning Jungkook against the wall. It really is a miracle that neither of them were shot. 

None of us knew what was going on. All of us were too fearful and shocked to move and prevent the scene unfolding. I glanced at Namjoon who looked equally as confused.

"You did it, didn't you?" Jimin shouted angrily, pushing the younger boy against the wall harshly. 

"Did what?" I looked up, expecting to see an innocent expression on Jungkook's sweet face. Instead, I saw a menacing smirk that I've never seen him use before. I had absolutely no idea what was going on. 

"You betrayed us all. You broke into Violet's house, you framed Namjoon, you did all of this!" Jimin screamed into Jungkook's unfaltering face. 

I stared at him in absolute shock. My best friend, my little brother. 

"I'm surprised none of you idiots didn't work it out earlier," Jungkook remarked cruelly, earning a harsh punch from a seething Jimin. "I'm still upset J didn't manage to kill her." 

"I'm going to kill you." Jimin screamed and pulled out his gun, stepping backwards and aiming it at Jungkook.

Bang

I clenched my eyes shut, not wanting to see the sight before me. However, when I heard the door click my eyes shot open. 

Jimin was crouching, his hands protectively covering his head, and there was a hole in the wall beside him. The bullet wasn't triggered from Jimin's gun, but from one of the men's outside. Jungkook was the one to open the door; he escaped when Jimin looked away. It all happened too quickly for me to process.

The next moment, Violet emerged from the hatch in the ground. I immediately tried to stand up when I noticed her but I was stopped by yet another bullet flying through the air. 

"Violet, get back in there!" I whisper-shouted. Like always, she didn't listen. She's too stubborn for that. 

The next moment, Jimin was bleeding. Violet called her mum who helped her heal his wound using the blankets. She saved his life. Violet's Mum called for an ambulance and the police for us after I urged Violet to tell her where we are. 

"You saved him, Violet." I smiled. 

I didn't notice the colour draining from her face. I didn't notice the blood dripping onto the wooden floor. I didn't notice the fact she was cold. 

She whispered something that I couldn't fully hear, something about being cold. That's when she started acting different. 

"It's so cold." That time, I heard her loud and clear. 

Only a few minutes before that, Violet's Mum mentioned that coldness is a symptom of shock...shock from a gunshot wound. 

"What's wrong with her?" I asked as my mind began to put the pieces together.

"Violet? Violet, what's wrong?" Yoongi asked with wide eyes. 

I knew what had happened. I was too shocked to move or even to speak.

"So...cold..." 

She dropped to the floor with a thud in unison with my heart. 

Now, everybody is panicking. 

"Oh my god, she's been shot." Yoongi is the first to speak. 

He crawls towards her whilst I helplessly stare at her unmoving body. He removes her jacket which transfers blood onto his hands. So, so much blood. 

Suddenly I snap out of my shocked state and climb to my feet using the support of the wall.

"Don't move, V!" Hoseok shouts. "You'll get killed!"

I ignore him and run to the opposite side of the room where she lays. 

Bang

A bullet only just grazes my face. I fall to my knees when I reach her and instantly begin to take off my shirt which I press desperately onto her wound. 

"Why didn't she say anything?" Yoongi whispered as he helped elevate her arm, just like her Mum had instructed. 

"She's too stubborn," I tell him. "She had it in her mind that she needed to save Jimin. She wasn't going to stop until she did just that." 

"Tae?" Violet momentarily slips in and out of consciousness.

"I'm here," I grab her hand and hold it tightly as if my life depends on it. "I'm here, baby." 

"Is he okay?" She croaks, coughing slightly. "Is Jimin okay?" 

"He's fine, thanks to you," I try my hardest to remain calm for her sake. "You saved him."

"Good," she smiles hazily. "My best friend is safe." 

With that, her eyes close again. My tears fall down my cheeks and onto her blood soaked shirt as I watch her colour drain away. 

"Oh god, no..." I whisper.

"She's going to be fine, Taehyung," Yoongi promises me. "The bleeding has already stopped." 

"It has?" I ask frantically. 

It has. It has stopped.

"I'm so relieved," I say breathlessly. "But she needs a doctor fast in case it starts again."

"The ambulance should be here soon." Jin answers my worries. 

I jump when I hear a gunshot that sounds closer and louder than the others. I turn around to see Jin pointing his gun at the window beside him which is now splattered in blood.

"They're moving in on us." Namjoon announces.

"I need to keep her safe, Yoongi." I say to him in worry. 

He stays silent for a few moments. "Take her and Jimin into the basement. Hurry." 

"Okay." I nod, appreciating his help as my mind is too busy racing to think rationally right now. 

As carefully as I can I carry her down the stairs where I see Eunki sitting.

"What happened to her?" She asks, shocked. 

"Her arm was shot. Press this shirt against her wound really hard, okay? I'll be back in a minute." I tell her quickly and run back up the stairs and climb through the hatch. 

"Come on, Jimin, give me a bit of help here." I say, somewhat jokingly, as I manage to pull him to his feet, his unwounded arm around my shoulder. He isn't fully conscious but he's able to stumble which I guess is helpful right now in this situation.

I carefully lead him down the stairs and to Eunki, who is sitting beside Violet doing exactly what I said. I sit Jimin beside them and prop his arm high in the air, resting it onto a small wooden table in the corner of the room. 

"Keep this against your shoulder, okay dude?" I tell him and he nods tiredly. 

"Eunki, there should be a first aid kit somewhere in this room. Find it and put bandages over their wounds when they've fully stopped bleeding. Can you do that?" I ask. 

"I can." She nods understandingly. 

I sigh before leaning forward and kissing Violet's forehead for a few seconds, as it might well be the very last time.