FORTY SIX

When I was six years old someone broke into my house and stole my dad's watch. Not that I remember this, of course, but I remember the aftermath in full detail.

Police officers visited our house the following morning and asked us all questions, even me. They asked why the alarm didn't trigger and why none of us were woken up. My dad was angry, my mum was angry, and I was oblivious.

Now, the situation feels so different but so similar at the same time. I'm no longer oblivious, I know what's going on. But my house wasn't broken into so that my mum's jewellery or our laptops could be stolen. Instead, someone is trying to scare us and I'm clueless as to why.

Taehyung tries to comfort me like he always does so well, but not even the warmth of his presence could lessen the fear burning inside of me this time.

I tell Eunki the moment I see her standing by our lockers at school. She says the same as Taehyung, that everything will be fine and also that it's probably just a false alarm, that they got the wrong house. I don't believe her.

"Shit, Violet," Jimin curses, lips parted in shock. "Are you okay?"

I nod, "I'm fine, just confused, scared."

"You don't need to be scared," Jungkook chimes from the opposite side of the table. "We'll look after you, don't worry."

I force a smile, "thank you."

"Where is Namjoon today?" Eunki questions with a frown.

"He's spending the day with Amelia and Ben," I inform the group.

"He's so in love with her," Taehyung laughs.

"I've never seen him so obsessed with a girl before," Jungkook adds, the rest of us agree.

The bell echoes through cafeteria and I dispose of my half eaten meal into the trash can.

"I'll see you at the end of the day." Taehyung tells me as we don't share the remaining three lessons together.

"Bye." I smile and turn away from him.

As I walk through the corridor I begin to hear whispering. People glance towards me and are quick to look away once my eyes meet their own. I try to ignore my surroundings and focus on Enunki's voice as she talks to Seokjin instead.

"I heard that she lied about everything-" One girl, I don't know her name, whispers but instantly quietens once she notices me. That's when I know something is definitely wrong.

"Eunki," I whisper. My best friend turns, an oblivious look plastered onto her face. "I think something is being rumoured about me."

"You're probably just paranoid," she assures me kindly. I don't believe her.

"Hey, Violet," one of the popular boys in my year calls. I stop in my tracks, turn so that I'm facing him and his obnoxious pack of allies and ask, "what?".

"Is it true you enjoyed it?" He snickers, the entirety of the hallway erupting in mocking laughter following his remark. I'm oblivious.

"What?" I ask, dumbfounded.

"You enjoyed it, didn't you?" He repeats, a smirk sporting his features.

"I don't know what you're talking about-"

"When Mike apparently almost raped you. You loved it, there's no need to pretend."

My heart stops. Literally, it stops beating.

My binder drops to the floor in unison with my jaw. My hands begin to tremble and my skin flushes ice cold.

Everyone around me is laughing, mocking me. They're pointing and pushing their phones in front of my face, presumably recording videos to insult my current vulnerability.

"Violet..." Eunki says shakily.

The next thing I notice is Seokjin approaching the twisted boy. A harsh punch is sent in his direction and the boy is left with a bloody jaw and Seokjin is left with swollen knuckles.

"Go and get Taehyung." I hear Eunki whisper to Jungkook who is quick to oblige.

I'm oblivious.

How could they possibly know what happened between Mike and I? Why does nobody believe me that he tried to do what he did?

"See, you can't even defend yourself," the same boy remarks, his voice muffled due to the blood pooling inside his mouth. "You're a pathetic liar."

Eunki grabs my hand and pulls me into the nearest empty classroom. I hadn't even noticed the tears until I feel my cheeks saturate.

She guides me towards a chair and sits down opposite me, leaning forward and pulling me into a tight hug. I cry into her shoulder, all negative emotions possible to endure filling me at once.

I hear the door shoot open and I look up to see Taehyung rushing inside. My teary eyes glance towards his lip that is being decorated by a slight cut, and divert to his knuckles that are too blooded.

"I'll leave you two alone." Eunki whispers and quietly leaves, shutting the door behind her.

"They know," I cry. "They know what happened."

"Jungkook told me what he said to you," Taehyung tells me quietly. "Do you have any idea who might have told everyone?"

"Besides from Mike himself, only his mum, the boys, you and Eunki know. That's unless Mile told people."

"We'll find out who did this, don't worry. And when I do, I'll make sure they regret it."

an; I haven't updated in literally a month wtf!!! so much has happened !!

well not really but omg monster and lucky one ????!!!!????? very nice ??!!!!!!!!! WAT