NINETEEN

"Come on, Violet. You need to get out of bed." Eunki groans and attempts to pull my duvet off me. She fails.

"Leave me alone, I'm fine." I mumble and burry my face further into my mattress.

I'm really not fine. Ever since V and I broke up from what was probably the shortest ever relationship, I've been hiding away inside my room. I'm devastated that we didn't end on good terms but I've hardly cried, I guess I'm just used to disappointment when it comes to boys.

"No you're not," Eunki sighs. "We're going shopping, get up."

"I don't want to."

"Right, that's it." Eunki groans and I frown before I feel two strong arms underneath my legs and I'm pulled out of my bed and onto the floor.

"Ow." I mumble and sit up, rubbing my head.

I'm forced into changing from my comfortable pyjamas into actual clothes for the first time in over a week. Eunki and I catch a bus to the shopping centre nearby and I try my hardest to ignore all the looks I receive, probably because I look like a walking zombie right now. I don't blame the people looking at me weirdly.

When we arrive, Eunki pulls me into a clothing shop that she loves but I don't. Everything is too...pink in here.

"I'm going to go next door," I tell her, referring to a shoe shop that I love. "I'll be back here in about ten minutes."

She shrugs and picks up a pair of hot pink shorts. "Okay, see ya."

I walk into the shoe shop and instantly rush towards the display of converses. They're in all colours, from yellow to blue to-

"May I help you?" I hear a familiar voice ask and I spin around.

It's Mike, and he's wearing a work shirt with the logo of the shop across it. I feel too emotionally drained to feel afraid of him this time so I just stare at him.

"No, bye."

I turn around but I feel his hand on my elbow to turn me around. "Violet, please listen to me."

"You have," I glance at my watch for effect, "two minutes."

"Fine, that's all I need. I just want to start off by saying I'm really sorry, for everything. I don't know why I was so mean to you the other day and I shouldn't have turned up to the party and scared you like that, I'm sorry. I've changed, I really have. I got therapy for my anger issues and I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but I have medicine so I can control it now. I know it's no excuse but I really am sorry."

I stay silent for a few moments. A part of me actually feels sorry for him, considering he looks and sounds so sad and annoyed with himself. But another part of me doesn't feel anything for him. I'm conflicted as I debate whether to forgive him or not. If he really does have the disorder he claims to, that explains why he used to act the way he did. He used to be so kind, and like the flip of a switch, he'd turn into a possessive monster.

"I know you're with that Taehyung boy now-"

I interrupt him, "I was."

He looks somewhat relieved at my words which is strange.

"Will you please forgive me?" He asks, offering a kind smile.

"I'll think about it." I tell him honestly, knowing in the back of my mind that I don't have the energy to hold a grudge.

"Thank you," Mile smiles. "I'll see at school tomorrow, Violet."

"Yeah, bye." I say and leave the shop without another word.

That was weird.

Eunki is holding two full baskets filled with clothes when I enter the shop again. I roll my eyes but laugh a little at the sight.

"Have you got enough?" I ask sarcastically.

"I know you're joking, but no, I don't. I really need some new jeans."

"Really?" I ask rhetorically. "You're wearing a different pair of jeans every time I see you!"

She laughs. "You can never have too many clothes, Violet."

After paying for all of Eunki's clothes, which total a ridiculously high amount, we finally leave the store. When we walk passed a hair salon, she stops me again and almost jumps up and down in excitement.

"Come on, we can get your hair done!"

"I like my hair." I mumble, self consciously playing with the silver strands.

"Your roots are coming in a little. Anyway, why don't you try a different colour? Pink would look great on you!"

I know there's no point in debating so I give in. Eunki describes to the hairdresser what she needs to do to my hair, leaving me with no choice. I'm glad Eunki has a good sense of style, especially when it comes to hair.

Around an hour later, my hair is a light shade of pink which I surprisingly love. I pay the hairdresser before finally leaving the shopping centre and going home with Eunki.

"There's a party tonight." She reminds me and I groan.

"Another?" I ask, "I don't know if I'm up for going to another one." Especially considering what happened last time.

"No, we're going. I'll help you chose what you're going to wear."

Yet again, I find myself not bothering to argue. "Fine."