TWENTY NINE

After V discovered everything about Mike - for the second time - I forced him to take me home so we could talk, with the boys covering for us, saying that I had a hospital appointment for my leg. I can't tell if he's angry with me for not telling him, or Mike for actually doing what he did. Or maybe both, I don't know. 

"So when were you going to tell me?" He asks and leans against the island in the kitchen. 

"Honestly, I don't know," I admit and he glares at me. "But I swear I was going to, it's just hard for me to even think about it." 

"Violet," his expression seems to soften. "I'm not angry with you." 

I look up and into his eyes. "You're not?" 

"No, of course I'm not. Why would I be? I just wish you told me sooner." He then brings me closer to him and hugs me gently. 

"I'm sorry." I say quietly into his chest. 

"You don't need to apologise for it." 

"No, I mean that I'm sorry for everything, V. I'm sorry for getting involved with Bangtan's business, not being able to help you when your dad was hurting you, for leaving you when you needed me most-" 

I'm cut off by V. Not by his words, but his lips. 

Kissing him feels natural, even though we haven't done so in over a month. Before I can savour his touch any further, he disconnects our lips and rests his forehead onto my own, instead. 

I look into his eyes, dumbfounded, shocked. All that can be heard is our quiet breathes as he wraps his arms around me and holds me close. 

"None of that was your voice, Violet," he whispers. "If anything, you helped me." 

"I did?"

"If you weren't here, I'd still be hurting people. You've helped me become a better person, Violet, and I don't think I can ever fully repay you for that." 

"You don't need to repay me with anything, you just need to be here." I tell him honestly and he smiles.

"You're so cute." 

Pinching my cheeks, he causes me to blush. I pull away laughing and jokingly hit his chest.

"Yah, stop it. I'm getting embarrassed."  

"You're cute when your cheeks turn red, too." 

"Stop it." I whine and cover my cheeks with the palms of my hands. 

"I promise I won't ever do anything to you like he did," V suddenly turns serious and steps forward. "I promise, Violet." 

"I know that you would never do any of that, I trust you." 

"I bet you trusted him at first, too." 

"I did at first," I admit. "But you're different, honestly. I know that you'd never intentionally hurt me." 

"Good, because I won't." He smiles again, and hugs me again. 

"I love you, Taehyung." 

I freeze and my eyes open widely. I haven't told him that since before the accident, it's something that I've been wary of saying. 

But I'm assured when he kisses my forehead and says the words I've been longing to hear. 

"I love you too, Violet."