FORTY ONE

Kim Taehyung is somebody who never fails to surprise me each and every day. Today, I learnt that he can actually dance - which I most definitely can not. This was, obviously, extremely profound during our dance tonight; I tripped over literally nothing - air, to be exact - after each step, whereas he moved with precision and luckily found my inability to dance somewhat cute.

I held onto his shoulders tightly after each tumble or near fall. I'm not even sure how I ended up stumbling, all I needed to do was move. It shouldn't have been as difficult as I found it to be. Well, dancing has never exactly been a forte of mine.

"Listen up, ladies and gentlemen," V's voice echoes through the spacious hall. "It's time to announce our prom king and queen!"

I cheer and clap my hands together, the only person standing in the audience. He grins, chuckles, and reaches into an envelope he must have prepared. He pulls out a piece of purple card ever so slowly, before leaning forward into his fake microphone.

"Your prom queen is...Kim Violet!" He announces, faking shock.

"Oh my goodness, I didn't expect that!" I laugh and make my way towards the small podium.

He reaches to the side and picks up a crown, which just so happens to be made of purple flowers.

"Sorry," he whispers, leaning forward whilst temporarily breaking character. "Low budget."

"It's beautiful." I tell him honestly and allow him to rest it on top of my wavy hair.

"And your prom king is...wow, this one is a surprise! Kim Taehyung!" He continues and places a matching flower crown onto his head.

"You're such a dork." I laugh and hug him tightly. He leans forward and kisses my lips, to which I respond. I hold him closely, still smiling from ear to ear as I move my lips against his.

"I love you, Violet." He whispers, pulling away ever so slightly.

"I love you too, Taehyung."

"We should head back to mine," he offers, resting his forehead onto my own. "My dad isn't home."

"Okay." I nod, smiling.

Without forgetting the clothes which I changed out of, V and I leave the school. I still don't know how he managed to gain access during the weekend, though. Unlike my house, V's is located relatively far away from the school. Therefore, we decide to catch a bus there.

We receive a wave of confused looks when we step onto the late, public bus wearing a suit and prom dress. We don't care, though. Instead, we laugh and giggle as we race each other to the back of the bus. Of course, with me wearing platform shoes, and ensuring my dress doesn't get caught on the edges of the seats, he has the upper hand and beats me there.

"What are we going to do at yours?" I ask in anticipation.

He smirks and shrugs ever so slightly. "I don't know, we'll do whatever you want us to do."

"You chose." I tell him and sit up. I lean against him and rest my head into the corner of his neck.

"Tonight is your night, Violet. Not mine." His voice vibrates against me due to our close proximity.

"Okay, I've thought of something," I tell him and look up slightly. "But it's a surprise."

"Oh, is it now?" He smirks, looking down at me.

I nod and rest against him again. He then whispers a joke into my ear and I laugh loudly, earning the attention of the other passengers.

"V, we're going to get into trouble." I half whisper, half laugh into his ear.

"Good." He chuckles and surprises me by tickling my sides. I can't muffle the laughs which escape my mouth as I try to move away from him.

"Sorry." I whisper, glancing towards the middle aged man who glares at us. He shakes his head and continues facing the other direction straight away.

"You know, I think you should tell me what your surprise is." He says lowly and quietly, halting his tickling of my sides.

"If I did, it wouldn't be a surprise. Would it?" I tilt my head ever so slightly.

"I suppose not," he wraps his arms around me and pulls me impossibly closer. "But the suspense is killing me, Vi."

"Good." I grin, just as the bus comes to a stop.

I glance outside, noticing that we're now parked in the street near V's house. I stand up first and offer him my hand.

"Come on, this is our stop." I tell him and he rests his hand on mine. I grasp my fingers around it and pull him off the seat, faking a groan as if it was actually difficult to lift him.

"Rude." He states jokingly and we make our way off the bus.

V's house is exactly what I remembered it to be. This time, I hope his dad doesn't come home early for some reason. Even though he's supposedly getting help, he still scares me a little.

"It's cold in here." He observes once we're standing inside the hallway.

"It is." I nod and he reaches behind him for the coat rack. He drapes one of his hoodies over my shoulders and I thank him, watching as he slips one on himself, too.

"I made us dinner." He tells me and I raise my eyebrows, glancing towards the small clock on the wall beside us.

"It's ten pm, V."

"So," He shrugs and guides me into the kitchen. "It'll need heating up, mind."

On the bench there's a plate of - surprisingly good looking - spaghetti. I smile, appreciating his efforts. I know very well that V isn't an expert in cooking.

After a few minutes in the oven, the meal is ready and on the table in the dining room. He even bought a candle for us, which he lights and sets between the two plates.

"You know, we should try that thing they do in the movies." He laughs and motions towards a string of spaghetti.

I know exactly what he means and the mere thought of it makes me giggle. I nod and lean towards him as he takes one end of the spaghetti in his mouth, just as I do the same. I pull it further into my mouth and he does the same, until it reaches the end and suddenly our lips are pressed together. I laugh and break away from the bizarre position, leaning back into my seat.

"Thank you for this, Tae," I tell sincerely. "For our prom, for everything."

"You know, before my mum left, she always used to tell me this. When I find someone I love, I need to cherish her as if everyday is the last. And that I need to do everything in my will to ensure her happiness. I always try and do that for you, Violet."

"Well, my dad told me before he died that I need to chose a boy who treats me well. Otherwise, he'll kick their ass," I chuckle softly, still in awe from his words. "And I think I chose well."

an; I don't even know what this "surprise" is tbh I need ideas pls help fam