THIRTY SIX

The sound of the doorbell rings through the walls of my house. I stand from the sofa and make my way towards the door. Before I have the opportunity to open it, however, it flings open revealing a determined-looking Yoongi. He walks straight into my living room without a word and I stare at the still open door.

"Come in." I mutter sarcastically before closing it again.

I walk into the living room to see Yoongi sitting opposite V on the couch. He looks tired, stressed - but I can tell he has something to say by the way his foot is impatiently bouncing off the floor.

"What is it?" I ask and stand by the doorframe.

"I have a crazy plan," he runs his hands through his bright blonde hair, sighing. "But I'm confident it will work."

"Spill." I raise my eyebrows.

"So, what we're going to do is ring Mike. All you need to do is pretend you miss him and forgive him - and you want to meet up. You don't even need to see him, you just need to arrange a meeting time and V and I will show up instead." He announces, pretty much in all one breath.

"No." V speaks up.

"Why?" It's going to work."

"Do you seriously think I'm going to jeopardise my girlfriend's safety in such a way?"

"She won't get hurt, Tae." Yoongi states adamantly.

"How can you be so sure? You know what that psycho is capable of."

I cringe at the memories which race inside my mind. All I want to do is forget what happened.

"We are not killing Mike." I interrupt the two.

"If you're not going to press charges, this is the next best thing." Yoongi tells me.

"Don't you understand? All I want to do is forget what happened, not drag it out. I haven't seen him since so he's probably staying out of my way. If he does show up, I'll press charges. That's fair enough, isn't it?"

They stare at me, defeated. They know I'm right but they're just too stubborn to admit it.

"Okay, if that's what you want." V finally mutters quietly.

"We only want to help you, Violet." Yoongi tells me shyly.

"I know," I smile. "But killing people isn't the answer. I appreciate your care, though."

"I have to go, let me know if you change your mind." Yoongi says and hugs me.

"Will do, I'll let you see yourself out."

He says goodbye again and exits, leaving V and I alone. He opens his arms and motions towards a gap he made for me on the sofa, a cute smile on his face.

Even though I haven't felt happy since what happened, I feel a smile stretching across my stiff features.

I sit in front of him, between his legs which rest either side of my hips. I lean backwards and rest my back onto his chest as he wraps his arms around me.

"I'm really proud of you, you know?" He whispers.

I love it when he whispers for he sounds so soothing yet he is so unaware of it. (if you understand that reference I love you ok)

"I know you are," I tilt my head backwards so I can sort-of see him, my vision restricted. "Because you tell me every single day."

He grins, a low chuckle erupting from his chest which sends vibrations though his body. "I know I do. Just in case you forget."

I haven't had a panic attack since I woke up in the hospital. I almost had one the other day when I thought I lost my necklace - turns out it was in my back pocket. It sounds stupid, but my dad gave me it when I was young so it means a lot to me.

V leans down with his lips slightly parted. He's about to kiss my forehead but I instinctively cringe away from him. He retracts, sighing, sounding more angry than upset. Not angry at me, but at the man who made me feel this way.

"I'm not him," he whispers. "I won't ever hurt you. You can trust me."

"Okay." I whisper.

"You sure?" He asks quietly and I nod.

I close my eyes as he leans forward again. He gently rests his lips against my forehead and kisses it softly. I expect the usual memories and flashbacks to haunt me all at once. Instead, I feel nothing but comfort.

"You didn't flinch." He sounds ecstatic as he whispers. I look up, he smiles.

"You're not him." I repeat his words and surprise myself by kissing him on the lips. "I trust you."