THREE

I inhale deeply, composing myself before gently knocking on the door of Mr Park's classroom. I hear his deep voice shout 'come in!' and I twist the handle, stepping inside.

"You're early, Violet," he states whilst sorting through some papers, "please take a seat, detention will begin soon."

I nod, obliging, walking towards the back of the classroom. I take a seat and check my watch, occasionally glancing at the door to see if the boys are here yet.

My heart beats faster when I hear footsteps from outside growing gradually louder. The door opens and the seven, black attired boys stumble inside with their infamous smirks showing.

"Take a seat boys and be quiet, I don't want you disturbing this detention." Mr Park tells them and they roll their eyes, strolling towards the back of the classroom where I'm sat.

"I'm sitting next to purple." Jimin laughs and sits in the seat adjacent to me.

"It's Violet." I inform him sharply.

He shrugs his broad shoulders. "Whatever, purple."

I roll my eyes, growing annoyed with the boy already. I watch as J-Hope stares at me, smirking whilst occupying the other chair beside me.

"How are you today, Violet?" He asks, leaning his elbows onto the wooden desk.

"I was happy until I saw you."

"How nice." He resorts sarcastically.

"Detention begins now, everyone must be silent." Mr Park announces from the front of the classroom.

After a few minutes, I watch V turn around, a crumpled piece of graph paper in his hand. He grins and checks behind him, assuring Mr Park is still occupied with his work before throwing the paper at me. It hits me on the head and I stare at him with narrowed eyes, discreetly reaching for the paper and straightening it out.

It reads 'don't mess with Bangtan' in sloppy handwriting and I snort, finding his words amusing.

"Is something humouring you, Miss Kim?" Mr Park asks and I shake my head.

"No, sir."

I reach in the pocket of my yellow jacket and pull out an ink pen. I write 'don't worry, I don't waste my time on people I don't care about' underneath Taehyung's words before folding the paper, throwing it back to him and silently laughing as it hits the back of his neck.

He turns around, glaring at me before picking up the paper and unfolding it. He doesn't seem phased by my response, but writes a reply nevertheless. It only takes a few seconds for the paper to hit me again but this time, it reads 'just wait and see, violet'.

I shake my head and crumple the paper in my fist, setting it down onto the desk. I glance at the clock, internally groaning when I notice only a few minutes have passed.

I jump when I feel a hand on my knee, and I immediately turn to J-Hope who's looking at me amused.

"Get off me." I whisper and forcefully push his hand away.

"You love it really, Violet."

"No, I really don't."

"Purple," Jimin says lowly and I turn to him, "why is your hair silver? It should be purple."

"Shut up." I whisper. God, he's so stupid.

"Can you speak in English again?" J-Hope asks and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Why?"

"It's so hot."

I roll my eyes. "No."

"Class, I'm going to the staff room to collect some papers. I expect silence whilst I'm away." Mr Park informs us and leaves the classroom.

Immediately, the boys begin to cheer and shout like animals, and my eyes roll so much they almost fall out of their sockets.

"Violet, why did you come to our school?" Yoongi asks and I feel my heart hammer inside of my chest.

I shrug. "No particular reason."

"You're lying." Jungkook states and I glance at him.

"No I'm not." I defend insincerely.

"Tell us." Jin urges and I shake my head.

"I'm telling the truth. Just leave me alone."

I sigh and lean back into my chair, the boys' eyes still on me.

"Your skin colour is wonderful." J-Hope says after a few moments of silence and traces his finger along my arm.

"I told you," I say lowly, "not to touch me."

"Loosen up a little, Violet." He chuckles.

"I don't like it when you do that, so just stop." I breathe, folding my arms.

"I'm back." Mr Park announces, emerging from the doorway.

I sigh in relief, checking the clock and mentally cheering when I realise there's only twenty minutes remaining. I watch as Taehyung reaches behind his back and grabs his backpack. He searches through it and when he finds what he intended to, he turns around again.

He smirks at me before raising his arm and throwing something - an eraser, to be exact - at me, laughing as it flies through the air and hits my eye. I squeal in fright and hold my eye, Mr Park immediately diverting his attention from his papers and to us.

"What's going on?" He asks, standing up and folding his inked arms.

"Nothing, Sir." Taehyung replies.

I move my hand away from my tightly shut eye, glaring at the back of V's head with the other. Mr Park looks unconvinced but sits and continues with his work nevertheless.

"Hey, your eye is a little red," Jimin says seriously before a grin spreads across his face. "It's probably going to turn...purple."

He and J-Hope then proceed to erupt in quiet, muffled laughter and I roll my eyes for what feels like the millionth time today.

"That wasn't even funny." I huff, crossing my arms.

"Yes it was," Jin laughs quietly. "Lighten up."

It's only my second day here and already, I'm absolutely hating it because of these seven boys.