FIFTY FIVE

I wake up startled after a night of endless bad dreams. It's still dark inside the hospital room but the clock reads midday. Taehyung is still beside me but I know he's awake as his hand is stroking my hair.

"Good morning." I whisper groggily as I slowly sit up. 

"Morning." He smiles, leaning forward with an intention to kiss me but I gently push him away.

"After I brush my teeth." I laugh, climbing out of bed. 

After the nurse checks me and gives me my medicine, I change into another clean hospital gown and brush my teeth. Taehyung had to help me change clothes witch wasn't as awkward as I thought it'd be, probably because it wasn't the first time he's seen me wearing just a bra. It's still going to take some getting used to, though. 

"Can I visit the others now?" I ask Taehyung optimistically. 

"I'll go and check if they're awake, just wait here." He says and disappears into the corridor, leaving me alone inside the lonely hospital room. 

I feel nervous about seeing Eunki for the first time after the accident. I don't know what I'm going to say to her, not after what has happened to her. I wonder if Sehun knows. I still feel guilty for leaving her even though I know I had no choice, the guilt is just inevitable. 

Taehyung told me this morning that my mum is going to visit me later today. I really miss her and I'm desperate to thank her for helping me save Jimin that night. I'm certain he'll want to thank her, too. She hasn't managed to visit me yet considering we're in a hospital near the outskirts of town, near where the hideout was located. Also she works a lot of hours at the hospital in the centre of town and I know she finds it difficult to take time off. 

"They're awake." Taehyung announces, his head peering from behind the door. I smile and stand up, feeling weak due to all of the medicines as I stand. I ignore the slight pain that sparks inside of my head and follow Taehyung through the corridor, his hand tightly gripping mine to support me. 

Jimin's room is the closest so we visit him first. Taehyung knocks on the door quietly before we step inside, a wide smile overcoming Jimin's features once he notices me. 

"Violet!" He cheers and opens his unwounded arm wide as an invitation for an embrace which I accept without hesitation. "It's really nice to see you. How are you feeling?"

"A lot better," I tell him honestly, "and yourself?" 

"I'm feeling great, thanks to you. The boys told me what happened and I'm so grateful for both you and your mum. Thanks so much for saving me, Violet." 

"That's what friends are for." I smile. 

The door clicks closed and I jump at the sound. I turn around sharply, realising that it's just Jin and Hoseok entering who all smile warmly. I haven't seen them either since the accident considering I only woke up yesterday and I've been sleeping a lot due to the medicines.

They all say their usual greetings and tell me that they're happy to see me, which I return happily. I know they must be going through a hard time after what happened with Jungkook but I don't want to mention it, just in case it upsets them. 

"I can't believe none of us realised you were shot, Violet." Jin says solemnly. 

"I know, right?" Hoseok chuckles, not humorously, but almost as if in disbelief. "You were bleeding and not one of us realised. How on earth did you manage to hide it from us?" 

"I don't know, I just prayed you wouldn't see. I didn't want anyone to rush towards me in case they were hit. Anyway, I only had one thing on my mind and that was to save Jimin first." 

"You're amazing, you know that?" Jimin smiles and I laugh somewhat awkwardly, a perk of not being able to take compliments well. 

"How is Eunki?" I ask, swiftly changing the subject. I'm not a fan of being praised, I just did what I knew I had to do. 

"We've just been to visit her," Hoseok informs me. "She says she's fine but we can obviously tell she's not. Sehun knows and he's driving here to visit her tonight. She really misses you, Violet."

"I miss her, too. I'm going to see her after I catch up with you guys." I tell them. 

"You don't need to stay here just to see me, Violet," Jimin says. "You should go and see her, I'm fine but she needs her best friend." 

"Are you sure?" I ask. I don't want to just leave Jimin, he's been through surgery and needs the support of his friends too. 

"Of course. Go and see her." He urges and I smile whilst nodding. 

"Do you want me to come with you?" Taehyung asks. 

"You can stay here, I don't mind going by myself. What room number is it?" 

"243, next door to Yoongi's. Namjoon's is 263, the room at the very end of the hallway." Jin informs me and I try my hardest to remember the numbers. 

"I'll see you guys soon." I smile, hugging them all using my unwounded arm. 

I walk through the busy corridor, following the numbers etched onto each door. I'm both excited and nervous to Eunki as I'm not great at comforting people when they're upset. I finally reach room number 243 and gently knock at the door.

"Come in!" I hear Eunki's voice call from inside. 

I push open the door and smile softly. Eunki is sitting up on the bed and I notice a few wires attached to her hand, joint to the machine beside her. 

"Violet!" She smiles widely. I can't restrain myself from hugging her the moment after I close the door. "I've missed you. How are you feeling?" 

"I'm fine," I partially lie, eventually pulling away from her. "How are you?"

"I'm feeling better, I think I was just in shock. But I'm coming to terms with what has happened." 

"I'm really sorry." I apologise quietly, the mood instantly becoming more sorrowful.

"You don't need to apologise for anything, Violet. I wasn't ready to be a mum but I never expected something like this to happen. I rang Sehun this morning," her voice cracks and I feel tears well in my eyes, "he didn't even know I was pregnant."

"I'm sorry, Eunki. I should have never left you." I whisper. 

"You're not seriously blaming yourself, are you, Kim violet?" She asks and I look away. At the same time of knowing there was probably nothing I could have done, even if I had stayed with her and J found us, I feel an overwhelming amount of guilt. "Don't even think about blaming yourself. The only people to blame is Jungkook for telling J where I was and J himself for hurting me and the baby." 

"But if I had stayed-" I start but my own throat cuts me off; I feel it close up and that's when the tears begin to fall. "I'm sorry, I'm not just sorry for leaving you but I'm sorry that our best friend betrayed us and I'm sorry you lost your baby and-"

"Violet," this time, Eunki cuts me off. I look up and realise she's also crying. "I'm sorry, too."

I have no more words so I hug her again. Everything that I've been holding in seems to be escaping me all in one moment. 

"Thank you for being there for me." I whisper. 

Taehyung told me that Eunki looked after me inside the basement after I was hit. She bandaged my wound and stayed with me up until the minute we were found. 

"That's what friends are for, Violet."