SIXTY TWO

I wake up slowly to the sound of a quiet alarm ringing. At first everything is a blur; I register Taehyung's warm side that is pressed against me, the fresh sheets covering our bodies and the glowing sun shining through the white curtains. 

"What is that noise?" Taehyung finally stirs, groaning as he uses his spare hand to cover his ears with the sheet. "Is that your alarm? Violet, it's a Saturday morning. You kidding?" 

"Oops," I laugh softly and climb off the bed, not forgetting to take the thin duvet with me and cover myself. "My phone is in my bag." 

"Don't be embarrassed, you don't need to cover yourself." 

"Yes I do." I respond shyly, a slight burn making its way onto my cheeks.

"Come back to bed." Taehyung whines, outstretching his arms as a silent invitation to cuddle. 

"It's almost midday." 

"So?" Taehyung grins. 

"Fine, whatever." I say and lie back down again, trying to get warm. It's February and it's still so cold. 

It's only been a few weeks since Jungkook's sentencing and nothing much has changed, besides the fact we're all a lot calmer about the situation now. We decided -- Eunki, the boys and I -- that we'd promise to never let them bring us down again. The eight of us have never felt as close to one another than what we do now. 

"You know, I could get used to this." Taehyung says quietly. 

"To what?"

"This," he repeats. "Just lying with you, in our own little world. V and Vi's world." 

"I could get used to this, too." I smile against his chest. Somehow his skin is so warm despite the low temperatures, he's like a human radiator. 

"Seriously, I could. I can just picture this happening every morning in the future. Only in our own bed in our own house with little kids running--" He pauses mid sentence. 

"Don't get too ahead of yourself, babe." I chuckle nervously, trying to divert the topic of children away. 

"You don't want us to have kids? I mean, I'm fine with that as long as you're happy but--" 

"No, no, that's not what I meant," I cut him off softly. "It's just, we're so young. I'd love to have kids with you but not anytime soon." 

"Good," he smiles, running a hand delicately up and down my arm. "Because I'd love that too."

"What time are we meeting the others?" I ask after a few moments of pleasant silence.

The boys, Eunki and I decided to meet up today at a restaurant nearby. We haven't done anything like this since what happened with Jungkook. 

"1."

"Are you kidding? I need to get changed, like, right now."

"Get moving, then."

~

Thankfully the restaurant isn't overly crowded; I've grown accustomed to disliking business over the past few months. Perhaps it was the claustrophobia I felt inside the safe house or the unbearable tension in the courtroom that caused it.

"Sehun and I were thinking of getting married."

I'm suddenly snapped out of my daze and I stare at Eunki, bewildered.

"What?"

"Just kidding. You zoned out so I had to find a way to get your attention. You back with us?"

"Oh," I laugh quietly. "Yeah, sorry."

"What I was saying, is that we should go on vacation sometime together, all of us."

"Oh my god, yes." Jimin says, voice filled with optimism.

"I was looking online and there's some summer cabins available to rent near Geochang. We should totally go next month during school break."

"How much is it to rent for the weekend?" Namjoon asks. "I kinda have a son to look after."

"Don't worry, it isn't too expensive. Especially if we all divide the cost between us. I mean, there's nine of--"

"Nine?" Yoongi asks quickly. I shift in my seat slightly, thoughts of Jungkook rushing back.

"Yeah, nine," Eunki smiles. "Sehun is coming too, I don't care if you guys don't know him well."

"The last time I spoke to Sehun I was beating the shit out of him." Namjoon reminisces with a chuckle. I remember that day vividly; it was one of my first days of starting that school.

"We're going to put the past behind us." Eunki insists in more of a demanding manner. I laugh.

"Great, it's sorted then." Hoseok smiles.

"Good. I'll call the owners tomorrow and book it. You guys better pay me back quickly because I'm so skint--"

"We will." I insist with a laugh.

After all of the past months filled with drama and fear, finally there's something to look forward to. Nothing could possibly go wrong, not this time. We've all endured our bad luck this year already.

I feel Taehyung reach for my hand underneath the table. I glance towards him and smile, looking away straight afterwards. I feel his eyes linger on me but I try my hardest to ignore it, consequently preventing the heat from rising to my cheeks.

"You okay?" Taehyung checks, whispering quietly into my ear.

"I'm fine," I smile. "You?"

If the past few months have taught me anything valuable, then it is the fact it's not a crime to pretend. There are some days where I can't bring myself to even get out of bed and that's okay. Not because I simply don't feel like it, but because I feel to miserable to do anything else. I'd adapted to the routine of calling Taehyung and insisting that I was okay. Now, I call him and tell him everything, what's wrong and how I feel. 

"I'm good."