TWENTY

The party which I was unwillingly dragged along to looks identical to the last; the same people in the same types of outfit (either an extremely short dress or skin tight jeans and a low-cut top), the same type of music is blaring unnecessarily loud, and most of all, I really don't want to be here. I don't even know who's hosting it, but he or she has an extremely nice house which I freely walk inside of. 

Tonight I'm not going to refrain from drinking. Last time I tried not to drink at all, but back then, I didn't have a reason to. Eunki almost immediately pulls me towards the kitchen (I don't even know how she knew where it was) and begins raiding the fridge. 

"Ta da!" She cheers when she finds what she's looking for, pulling a pack of an unfamiliar alcohol out of the fridge. "Help yourself." 

"Okay, host." I laugh and oblige. 

As I take a relatively large gulp of the alcohol, it burns my throat but still manages to feel refreshing. I lower the cup for only a few moments before bringing it back to my lips. 

"Get it, girl!" Eunki shouts whilst laughing. 

"Can we go somewhere else? I want to dance." I say, surprising not only Eunki but myself, too. 

Bringing my drink with me, I manage to find the room where the temporary 'dance floor' is located. It's packed as people jump drunkenly and I'm quick to squeeze into the crowd, instantly losing sight of Eunki in the process. I manage to make my way into the middle where I begin following what everyone else is doing, not noticing the familiar chestnut coloured hair beside me until he lowers his face to mine. 

"Hey, Violet," The familiar voice speaks and for the first time in a while, I don't feel scared. Whether that's because of the alcohol running through my veins or his aforementioned apology, I'll never know. "I didn't expect to see you here." 

"Hi." Is all I say to him. 

"You look nice," he complements, looking at my knee length blue dress in a surprisingly friendly manner which I appreciate. "I bought you that, didn't I?" 

I look down whilst frowning. To my surprise, he's right. He bought me it early last year when we were shopping together. I vividly remember dragging him into my favourite shop after spotting the beautiful dress in the window display, pointing to it and expressing the 'love at first sight'. However when I checked the price tag I immediately stopped saying how much I needed it. A few weeks later when my birthday came round, I was shocked to find the dress folded inside a gift box Mike had prepared for me. Times like that remind me of when our relationship was perfect. 

"You did," I nod, "I'm surprised you remember." 

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asks in a serious tone before a smile breaks onto his face. "Can I get you a drink?" 

"I have one," I motion towards the can in my hand, "but yes, sure." 

I follow him out of the crowd and he leads me into the kitchen. I sit on the counter as he searches through the fridge, trying to find a drink for us. After a few moments he pulls away with two sealed glasses in his hands and hands one towards me. 

"How have you been recently?" He asks and takes after I take a swig of the drink which surprisingly tastes delicious. 

"Alright, actually. My mum's been working hard recently, I don't think she's in the best health. I'm really worried about her." 

"I always loved your mum, she's awesome," he states casually, "I hope she feels better soon. She shouldn't overwork herself." 

"I know, that's what I've been trying to tell her." I sigh and finish off the rest of my drink. 

When I begin to feel a slight buzz inside my head, I know I'm becoming slightly tipsy. I really shouldn't get drunk but everything I look at or hear somehow reminds me of V and for now, I just want to forget. 

"You know what?" I turn to Mike, "that was a lie; I'm not alright. I'm really freaking sad." 

I really shouldn't drink is one of the many thoughts that consume my mind as I feel tears surface inside my eyes. I must be an emotional drunk. I desperately blink away the tears so my eyeliner won't smudge but I fail. 

"What's wrong?" Mike asks sounding panicked. "Can I hug you? It might help." 

I nod hesitantly climb off the counter before hugging him for the first time in months. It feels so weird but surprisingly comforting as I inhale his familiar scent. 

When I pull away, I don't have the opportunity to look into his eyes as he's suddenly pulled away from me. I look to the floor where the familiar figure belonging to V is hovering over Mike, holding him down by his collar. My head spins as I look bewilderedly at the two, six other familiar faces appearing beside me. 

"What did he do?" Jin asks. "Why are you crying?" 

"Jerk." V mumbles before punching Mike square in the jaw. 

I gasp and hold my hand over my slightly agape mouth, rushing over to the two. I grab V's jacket by the shoulder and try my hardest to haul him off Mike who's now bleeding. 

"Stop it! Get off him, Taehyung!" 

Everyone stares at me confusedly as I help Mike to his feet. I feel as if all of the alcohol has been drained from my system as I glare at V. 

"I thought he hurt you," V whispers and I hear Mike curse underneath his breath. "I was only-"

"Just leave us alone." I tell him and turn to walk away but he grips my arm softly. 

"What do you mean? Are you back together? He's a monster, Violet!" He looks appalled and upset at the same time as he stares at us both in horror. "Please tell me you're not with him."

"No, Mike and I aren't together. Neither are we so please leave me alone." 

Although my own words sting, I put up a facade before turning away from V, the tears instantly reappearing as my back faces him.