FIFTY NINE

author's note; 

a really short chapter but it's kinda cute so please forgive me

i haven't updated in 27 years again i'm sorry

but the bang tan comeback killed me i'm sorry i didn't update because i was dead

idk if you guys have read it but my seventeen fanfic dino's twin sister reached 400k reads! thank you sm if you've read it/are reading it <3 that's so crazy

"Are you awake?" I hear Taehyung whisper causing me to stir slightly. 

After my panic attack he and Eunki looked after me for a couple of hours. It was beginning to get late so he asked if I wanted to stay the night, of course I said yes. 

"Yeah," I say quietly, turning onto my side so I'm facing him. "Are you okay?"

I have no idea what time it is, I'm guessing it's late because there's little light filling the room. I glance towards the alarm clock that sits beside his bed and it reads 02:38, no wonder it's so dark outside. I haven't been able to sleep because of the heavy rain outside, it's surprisingly really noisy. 

Taehyung looks so beautiful underneath the dim shadows in the room. But he looks sad and I notice this almost right away; his eyes are glassy and there's a slight frown on his face.

"I had a bad dream." He admits and my heart shatters a little bit. 

Every time Tae admits he feels down it brings back bad memories. Memories of when he'd show up to my house uninvited with a new bruise on his face each time, when he'd be so vulnerable that he'd open up to me for once.

I grow more awake all of a sudden and sit up slightly. He does the same, moving closer and resting his head onto my chest. Usually it's me in this position but right now he seems to vulnerable that all I can do is hold him. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask. 

I expect him to say no or shake his head ever so slightly. But he carries on talking instead.

"We were back in the hideout," he begins, not answering my question directly. "Everyone was hurt but me, you were hit and I tried to reach out for you but I couldn't. Something was stopping me and it was really frustrating.  J and Jungkook killed everyone, I was the only one alive so all I could do was watch. I woke up when Jungkook pointed the gun towards me." 

Silence fills the air for a few moments, neither of us knowing what the right thing is to say. I try to comfort him by stroking his arm as I think what to say. 

"Tae, nothing like that is ever going to happen again. I promise. I'm here now, all of the boys and Eunki are okay, nobody is hurt anymore." 

"What if they break out of prison? J did it, they could do it again."  

"It won't happen, baby."  

"Do you promise?" He asks which surprises me. 

I hold him tightly and stroke his cheek with my hand. I've never seen him as vulnerable as this since the night he showed up at my house after another bad encounter with his dad. It breaks my heart. 

"I promise, Tae." I say and kiss his forehead. 

"Then I believe you." 

For a while we stay in that position, just appreciating each other's company. It's a change, considering he is usually the one holding me, but I like being able to hold him close like this. I'm about to ask him something when I realise he's being awfully quiet.

I glance down and notice that his eyes are now closed and he's breathing softly. He seriously looks so cute when he is sleeping, like a little puppy.

 I can't alter my position with him like this, I'm slightly uncomfortable with my back pressed up against the headboard but I don't mind. As long as he's comfortable, that's all that matters. 

"Goodnight, V," I whisper before resting my head onto the top of his, trying my hardest to fall asleep. It takes a while but I eventually find myself drifting off into a surprisingly peaceful dream. I can only hope Taehyung did the same. "I love you."