EIGHTEEN

I wake up and I'm in an unfamiliar bed inside an unfamiliar room with familiar faces surrounding me. Jin, V and J-hope sit around the bed as Eunki sits beside me on the mattress. I slowly sit up and all eyes turn to me.

"Where am I?" I ask tiredly, rubbing my eyes and examining the room I'm sat inside. "What's going on?"

"You don't remember?" V asks and leans forward, resting his elbows on to his thighs.

I shake my head and look at the pale blue painted walls and the small bed I'm sat in. When my eyes flicker across a framed photograph of J Hope and, who I assume is his mother, I instantly know I'm in his room.

"The gun..." V trails and I close my eyes, forcing my brain to reminisce.

Then suddenly everything hits me like a ton of bricks. Everything from being in V's house and his dad coming home early, to holding a gun with shaking hands. The last thing I remember is pulling the trigger.

"What happened?" I ask again.

"The gun was empty, Violet. You passed out as soon as you pressed the trigger."

I stare at V, my eyes absentmindedly traveling to his cheekbones which are accompanied with dark bruises. I swear those bruises weren't there before I passed out.

"Can you guys give us some time alone please?" I ask our friends politely and they oblige.

When they leave the room, I immediately turn to V again.

"He hurt you again, didn't he? When I was passed out."

V nods and I feel tears well in my eyes. He leans forward to hug me, the bottom of his black shirt reeling up in the process, revealing what I can only describe as a profound footmark stamped onto his delicate skin. That's when I start to cry.

"Don't cry, Violet," V whispers and his arms finally wrap around me. "Are you in pain? What's wrong?"

"I'm just so worried about you, V. Please tell me you called the police."

He looks down and I sigh. He needs to do something about this, he can't continue being treated this way.

"If you don't call the police, I will, Taehyung." I admit quietly and his head shoots up, immediately shaking adamantly.

"No, Violet, you can't do that-"

"I'm so scared for you, I have no choice. He's a horrible man-"

"He's my father!" V suddenly raises his voice and stands up, his bruised face growing progressively redder in anger. "He's the only person I have left."

"You have me," I whisper. "And J Hope, Jungkook, Jin-"

"They're not my family though, are they?" He resorts and I gaps in shock. "Neither are you."

I feel my heart churn at his words. He sounds like he doesn't even care about his friends, about me. He's too naive and wrapped up in the fact his father is the only remaining family member who actually acknowledges his existence to see how badly he's being treated.

"I consider you as being my family," I whisper but he doesn't seem to hear, he just glares at the floor angrily. "Say something."

"What do you want me to say, Violet? That I'll happily go to the police station this instant and turn in my own father, the man who has raised me ever since my poor excuse of a mother left us? Do you genuinely expect me to just leave him? I love him, Violet. He just has issues."

"His issues are taking a toll on you, why can't you see that? It physically breaks my heart seeing you with a new bruise almost everyday, it scares me so much. Especially that I now know you don't fight back. You don't deserve this, I'm only thinking what's best for you."

"You always talk about how it makes you feel," he seethes and my tears seem to instantly fall quicker. "You need to stop worrying about me, it's none of your business."

Suddenly my tears stop falling and instead, anger begins to fuel inside of me.

"What do you mean? Of course it's my business, I'm your girlfriend, for god's sake!" I shout, standing so I'm facing him.

There's an uncomfortable ache in my side, probably from where his dad hurt me but I ignore it, putting up a facade and pretending I'm not in pain as I face him.

"Stop making everything such a big deal," he groans. "You're fine, I'm fine, what's the issue? It doesn't hurt you when I get hurt so stop worrying."

"That's the thing, V, it does hurt me. It hurts me a lot, actually, but you're too selfish to see that, aren't you?"

He glares at me and for a few seconds, I feel scared of him for the first time ever. He looks as if he wants to strangle me, I'm not even being dramatic. I step backwards, the backs of my knees hitting against the bed frame as he suddenly turns around and punches the wall behind him, immediately creating a circular dentation. I gasp and cover my mouth.

"I am not selfish," he suddenly says in a frighteningly calm voice. "But you certainly are."

I don't even understand how we're arguing right now or why. Everything was fine a few minutes ago.

"Stop it, V." I whisper and look down to the floor.

"No, I won't stop it. You're so annoying-"

"We're over." I interrupt him, clearing my throat.

His face immediately freezes and he stares at me, dumbfounded. He begins to look sad but I feel no sympathy, I won't tolerate being spoken to like that. I've been through abusive words before, I'm not prepared to endure the emotional pain again. I know ending it before it can continue any further is the only option.

"You don't mean that..." He mumbles and I nod my head, beginning to laugh, sounding like a crazy woman

"No, I do. Don't bother asking for forgiveness. You did this, not me. Goodbye, Taehyung," I say, walking towards the door and opening it, but before I leave I turn to him and and say one last thing. "If you have any sense you'll save yourself from that monster. I've done it before, you can, too. Don't let one more bruise make its way onto your body. Take care, V."

author's note; what did i just do

i don't even know why i did that they're my otp