FORTY FOUR

I'm startled awake by the sound of pans crashing onto the tiled flooring of my kitchen echoing from downstairs. I slowly sit up and rub my eyes, almost instantly recognising the fact that Taehyung is no longer beside me on my bed. I'm presuming that it's him downstairs making a racket rather than a burglar. 

Last night I verged on yet another panic attack. It was an awful experience; having it set inside my mind that my crazy ex was out to get me. But Tae's presence alone was enough to calm me down, just like he usually does. I don't know how he does it. I have counselling to help with my panic attacks, various tablets and medicine. Yet somehow the only reliable cure is Taehyung.

A few minutes after my improvised alarm clock - aka, the pans crashing to the floor downstairs - my bedroom door opens and V steps inside, struggling to carry a rather large tray that rests on his forearm. 

"Morning!" He grins and uses his foot to shut the door behind him. 

It's only then that I notice what's presented on the tray which he's carrying. There's two cups of orange juice, a croissant that's been halved and separated onto two plates, a bowl of unevenly cut fruit and two dishes of scrambled egg. 

"I'm sorry if I woke you before, the pans and I had a struggle," he apologises cutely and places the tray onto the foot of my bed. "But to make it up to you, I made you breakfast in bed."

"Thank you, Tae." I smile sincerely. 

"How are you feeling?" He asks and moves across so that he's sitting opposite me on the bed. 

"Better, much better." 

"That's what I like to hear." He smiles softly and rests his hand onto the top of my own. 

"What time is it?" I ask.

"It's midday. As far as the school is aware, we both have the flu today." He laughs and I'm not even phased by missing school. Again

"You're the best." I smile in adoration of his kindness. 

"You don't need to tell me twice."

After breakfast V and I decide to head out. Otherwise, we'd be laying around all day at home doing nothing. After I beg for half an hour, he eventually gives in and drives us to the nearby shopping centre for a bit of retail therapy. 

"How about this?" V asks, holding a short pink dress over his clothes. 

"It really suits you," I laugh sarcastically. "You should definitely buy it." 

"It would look better on you." He smirks and holds it in front of him, closing one eye and adjusting his view so that he can imagine vaguely what it would look like on me. 

I shake my head whilst laughing, reaching forward and taking it out of his hand. "No, thanks," He pouts when I place it back onto the rail and I raise my eyebrows. "I'm not buying that, Tae." 

"Oh well," he sighs dramatically. "It was worth a shot." 

We continue to scan the store until I come across a pair of beautiful red shoes. I try not to make it obvious that I've fallen in love but it's extremely difficult to resist shoes. Without warning I stop walking and turn around, making my way towards the shelf that holds my new loves. 

"You like those?" V appears beside me and I nod. "How much are they?" 

"I'll check," I lift up one of the shoes and read the price tag that is attached to the side. When I read the price I instantly put it back down again. "Maybe not, then," 

"That expensive?" V queries with raised eyebrows and I nod solemnly. 

"It doesn't matter," I tell him. "They're not even that nice anyway." 

"You're a terrible liar, Kim Violet," he laughs. "The price doesn't matter, I'll buy you them." 

"No, they're really expens-" 

"Violet," he interrupts me. "I don't care." 

"Thank you!" I squeal and reach up to hug him. 

"Wait here whilst I go and pay for them, I won't be long." He tells me with a smile and I nod. 

I choose the shoes that are the correct size and V leaves me to head to the cashier. I look around the shop further, wishing that I was rich so I could buy the entire store. 

My eyes flicker from a white gown to a familiar set of dark hair. I freeze, my heart instantly pounding quicker inside my chest. Mike's eyes stare into my own from the opposite side of the store and my entire body is frozen. He then turns and leaves, and my legs involuntarily unfreeze and begin to follow him as a surge of anger flows through my body. How dare he just show up here? 

He is walking in front of me through the relatively busy crowds. I keep my eyes on the back of his head, trying to walk quicker in order to reach him. He turns and walks into a shop that is usually not too busy and I mentally prepare myself to confront him. 

But when I push open the door and step inside, the shop is empty. 

I look around frantically, only meeting the eyes of the concerned cashier. I just saw him, where did he go? He literally just walked in here. 

"Was a boy just in here?" I jog towards the cashier. "Tall, dark hair, he was wearing a red shirt?" 

"No, I'm sorry," she shakes her head. "We've only just opened the store, you're the first person in here." 

"No, no, no. I'm not going crazy, I just saw him!" I raise my voice, confused frantic and frustrated. 

"Miss, I'm sorry but-"

"Violet?" 

I jump when I hear V's voice behind me and I spin around. He's staring at me confusedly with a sense of worry in his eyes. 

"V, he's here!" I whisper-shout and glance over him to ensure Mike's not following us. 

"Who?" Tae frowns. 

"Mike! He's here, I just saw him." 

"Violet," V says shakily and uses his spare hand to hold my own tightly. "Your mum just rang me, she told me that Mike was found and that he's staying at his uncle's house in Busan." 

an; omg i've just scared myself this is sO CREEPY but sad omg bless her soul