TWENTY ONE

I wake up in the morning with a pounding headache and an overwhelming urge to vomit. I try to climb out of bed quickly but the movement causes a sharp pain to enter my head and I groan, sitting up at a slower pace before stumbling towards my ensuite. The last time this exact thing happened, I had V holding my hair out of my face. But now, my pink hair is covering my forehead and I'm alone without comfort. I stand up and fetch a glass from my cabinet before filling it with water from the sink's tap and drinking it all in one go. 

I change from my dress to a pair of leggings and an oversized T-shirt before wiping all of my smudged makeup off my face. I don't even remember coming home last night but I can only assume either Eunki or Mike took me back. 

Mike. I can't believe I was actually talking to him yesterday. When I moved to this town, I vowed to myself never to think or speak of him again, never mind actually willingly talking to him.

I slowly tiptoe downstairs to see my mum sitting on the sofa with a coffee in her hands. She doesn't look angry nor tired. In fact, she looks relatively happy for a change. I've adapted to seeing her exhausted and distressed all of the time, seeing her like this is a shock. 

"Good morning," I smile when I enter the living room. "Do you want breakfast?" 

"Good morning, Violet, and no thank you, I'm fine with coffee." 

I nod and sit on the chair opposite her, bringing a cushion in front of me and resting my chin onto it. She looks at me and I give her the 'what?' look. 

"Care to explain why Mike brought you home last night?" She asks and the cushion underneath me immediately drops onto the floor as my jaw involuntarily hangs open. 

"Um, I can explain," I stutter, "I was at a party and got a little drunk and he was there and he was being nice and I don't know-" 

"Violet, I'm not mad at you," she interrupts, "I'm just worried. I know how scared you are of him and he must have moved here, did you know? Are you okay with that? We moved partially to get away from that boy and now he's back. I'm just thankful he brought you home safe." 

"I already knew. He lives here now and he attends the same school. But he's changed, he really has. Like you said, he brought me home safe, he could have done anything if he was really still the same. He has medication now, he's the nice guy he used to be again." 

"As long as you're sure, Violet. I trust your instincts. I have to go to work soon, will you be okay being here alone?"

"Sure, I'll be fine."

"Okay, sweetie, I'm going to get changed." 

I smile and nod as she disappears upstairs. I pull my phone from my pocket and unlock it, seeing a few messages from an unknown number. 

'hey, it's mike. hope you're feeling okay'

'drink lot's of water bc i have no doubt you have a killer headache rn'

I chuckle and save his contact before shutting off my phone. I walk into the kitchen and take a few tablets alongside a glass of water to help cure my hangover. I longingly stare at a plate of rice cakes but decide against eating one, knowing I'd probably throw up after. 

My mum comes jogging down the stairs a few minutes later and grabs her purse and keys. I hug her for the first time in a while and say goodbye before she leaves to go to work. 

I lie down on my bed upstairs with my phone glued in my hands. I decide to message Eunki because I feel really guilty for ditching her at the party.

'hey eunki, sorry for bailing on you. did you get home ok?'

She replies within a few seconds. 'don't worry about it, it's cool. sehun took me home it's all good ;)'

'oh god, did you do what i think you did?'

'maybe ;) lol i've gtg. see you soon vi'

'eww!! bye mrs oh'

'shut up'

I laugh and turn off my phone, setting it down onto my dressing table. To pass time, I watch some of my favourite movies until it starts to become dark outside. When the credits begin rolling on the final film, I turn off my TV leaving a deafening silence. I jump at the sound of my doorbell ringing and I stand up, making my way towards my window. Hesitantly, I peer through the window and try to decipher who's standing by my door.

I recognise the man almost instantly. He's the person known as J who pestered me at the party and caught me eavesdropping as he threatened V. Why the hell is he here? 

I close the curtains and stand still for a few seconds. I wait until about a minute has passed before carefully leaning forward and opening them again, desperately praying that he's left. 

But he hasn't left. Instead, he's staring straight at me with a sickening smirk on his scarred face. 

an; holy shit that last bit actually made me scared hahaaha

expect another update super soon like maybe in half an hour or something idk i'm on a roll