Chapter 11- Ice Ice Baby

Sorry I was MIA. I had a writer's block and I have to watch Oreimo again to give you guys a proper story, but enjoy.
*******************************

AH-LIH-SEES

Haku and I had finally got back to the little house where we were staying.

"Put the groceries up," he ordered. "I'll check on Zabuza."

"Hai," I said while smiling.

Now how am I going to tote all of these bags in the most efficient way possible?

A few minutes later after trying to put all on my skinny arms and ended up falling over, trying to balance some on my head and between my teeth and almost losing a tooth, and finally trying to use my mind to teleport them, I gave up. I know it would be better to just make multiple trips, but no multiple trips are for squares I'm a rhombus.

I plopped down on the floor and think, think, thinnnnkkkk. You gatta use your mind and take a step at a time, cause we can do anything that we wanna do. Oh, I love Blues Clues. Think Alyssis think. After some intense brain usage, I came up with a brilliant idea. I remembered how Haku made a mirror from ice, I wonder if I can make a wagon or sled from ice. Then I remembered. I only can touch things to freeze them. Wait... I feel it... another idea. I smirked and made the hand sign of a dog.

****************************************

HAKU

I had finished re-bandaging Zabuza and went to check on Mayuki. I checked the kitchen to see if she was there, but she was not. Maybe she went to make multiple trips. I exited out the kitchen and went into the living room to rest my feet, when all of the sudden the door flew open and my jaw dropped. There was Mayuki dragging a frozen spider web like contraption made out of sticks and twigs with the groceries in it. But, that wasn't the weird piece, the ground was frozen solid.

"Heh, heh," she said while sheepishly rubbing the back of her head. "I kinda don't how much chakra to use."

I couldn't help but smile and shake my head.

"Come on, let me help you with these groceries," I said while walking towards the ice all while being careful not to slip down. I grabbed all of the bags except the one with the eggs. I left that for her.

"Hey, no fair!" she yelled. "You can carry more bags than me." She then whispered a quick release and all of the ice vanished into sparkling ice particles.

"That comes with years of training," I said as I made my way to the kitchen with her in tow.

"So," I said, attempting to start a conversation with her. We were going to be partners I serving Zabuza anyway, and teamwork is necessary, so why not strengthen our bond.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"Fourteen," she answered while struggling in putting up a can of sweet milk. "I'll be 15 in a couple of months."

I was astonished but I hid it. I looked at her; she was two heads shorter than I was, had somewhat of a flat chest was and was relatively tiny in stature. I could have sworn she was 11 or 12.

"I know that I'm tiny, but my father says that I'll grow when I'm ready," she said, then her eyes soften. "Father," she whispered.

I remembered. She lost her clan. Maybe she really was telling the truth.

"You miss them don't you?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said while still struggling to put the can of sweet milk away.

I smiled at her and grabbed the can from her while subsequently brushing her hand.

"You are really tiny," I said, but got no response. "Mayuki," I said while tapping her, but it was as if she was frozen. "Mayuki," I said while grabbing her shoulders and shaking her, that was when I noticed her eyes. They were not her usual dark blue ones; they were an emerald green color. "Mayuki!" I screamed again. Suddenly, she came to and shook her head, here eyes reverting to its original color. "What happened?"