Chapter 21: Unraveled Secrets

Heyyy everyone. I'm feeling evil today MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

**********************************************************************

My eyes suddenly shot open. I was lying down on my back.

'What happened?'

When I had finally remembered, I shot up.

"Haku!" I screamed. I looked around frantically only to find myself in a familiar place. It was an icy meadow filled with crystal pillars and ice columns. I got up and shivered as the chilly wind blew straight through my thin body. I looked down to see the same kimono that I was wearing during the fight on the bridge.

'How did I get here?'

The pure white snow crunched under my feet as I wondered through the meadow.

"Haku!" I screamed again.

I wondered through this meadow like what it felt for hours. I was tired, and my feet were numb from the snow. I stopped by one of the clear crystals that were jutting out from the ground and leaned on it. When I rest my hand on the smooth cold surface, I yanked it back. The crystal changed to dark blue. The crystal slowly changed back to its original hue. Feeling curious, 'curiosity killed the cat, fox I should say,' I took my index finger and touched the crystal again. The crystal changed to dark blue at the touch and it was slowly spreading.

"Blue is for royalty you know."

I almost wet myself at the voice.

I looked around frantically for the origins of the voice.

Suddenly, a mini ice blizzard began to form in front of me. When the blizzard had cleared there revealed a woman who had looked quite familiar to me. She had long white hair flowing, icy blue eyes that had slits for pupils she also had fox ears adorning her head. She was smiling down at me so her sharp canines were visible. Behind her hair, I saw a pure white tail with a black tip peeking out. She was about a few inches taller than me. She had on a light blue kimono which was knee-length with flared arms. She also had on black flats with a light blue ball of fluff on the top of it.

"Hello, child," she said.

"Um, hello," I said with a nervous smile.

"It's nice to see you again," she said while walking closer towards me. I flinched back when he reached out to touch me. "I won't hurt you, I promise."

She reached out to touch me, and this time I hesitantly allowed her to. She patted my head, and then I felt this strange euphoria, as if someone was rubbing behind my ears, but my ears were on top of my head.

He dropped her hands back to her side. I subconsciously put my hand back to where hers was and immediately let out a yelp of surprise. I DID have ears on top of my head! Suddenly, I felt this thing brush against my arm. I turned around to see a silver bushy tail that protruded from a hole in my kimono. I don't even know how that hole got there! Suddenly, a chilly wind picked up, and my hair whipped around my face, but instead of having my normal navy blue hair, my hair was silver.

"Calm down child," said the woman with a small chuckle.

"What happened to me?" I asked her. "Why am I like this? Where am I? Where's Haku?"

She reached out again and rubbed my ears. Immediately I calmed down.

"You child are a Kitsune. I can't explain anything else to you... yet. Your friend is safe," she said while still rubbing my ears.

I felt this wave of trust befall on me suddenly, like I could trust her. I put my hand on hers that was still rubbing my ears. Tears began to stream down my cheeks as I looked up at her. "I'm so confused," I choked out between sobs. I was pulled into an embrace by the woman. She was so warm, I didn't want to let go.