Chapter 23- Protect Her

Heyyyy guys! I'm Soooooo Excited. I have 2k readssssss! I never every thought that this story would get so much attention, seeing as Haku is just a minor character. I couldn't do it without your support especially from JadeOpalAmber and recently Dark_Nightmare_Demon. I'm sorry that I can't mention all of you, but again, thanks. You guys are awesome.

ENJOY

***************

HAKU

We continued to walk after Mayuki's little episode. Every so often, I would glance at her. She was still unconscious in the Uchiha boy's hand. I get that he feels as if it was his fault, but it's not. To be honest, no one knows how her kekke genkai works, and her origins are still shady. I thought by now she would have told me the truth about where she actually came from, but I got nothing.

I glanced at her again. She and Sasuke looked similar in a way, with their similar hair colors and facial structure. I wonder if they are related in some way.

Suddenly, I got a chill down my spine as I felt 2 chakra presences, and they were strong.

I calmly walked to Sasuke who felt it too.

"Pass her here," I ordered. Reluctantly, he gave her to me. He was smart.

I walked back over to Kakashi who was on high guard.

"So you sense it too," he said.

"Yes, they might just be bandits wanting to steal goods, or they are looking for something much more valuable," I said while looking down at the sleeping girl in my arms. "Either way, we need to be on guard. We should alert the other two."

"No," said Kakashi. "They'll just panic." I looked at the blonde and the pinkette, They were busy bickering. I shook my head. Zabuza was right, children like them should not be in the ninja arena. My mind flashed to my fight with Naruto however. I semi take that back from him, but the girl, she is fit to become a house wife.

I nodded my head and shifted Mayuki in my arms just in case if I needed to fight.

After a few minutes of being followed, I felt a huge burst of chakra followed by the sound of gushing water.

Immediately, I turned around, and with Mayuki in one arm, used my other hand to make signs.

"Ice release: Ice wall Jutsu!" I said. A huge wall of ice was created, blocking the water.

When the commotion died down, I looked around. There was a startled Naruto and Sakura, a smirking Sasuke and Kakashi was nowhere to be found. However, this was no time to be wondering about his whereabouts.

"Release," I said as the wall disappeared. The water flowed by us, soaking our sandals.

"See boss, I told you that they were alive," came a voice.

There was a bandit with a bald head, and a bandana around his mouth, he was wearing a dark blue all in one and black ninja sandals. A slashed mist hitai-ate was around his right thigh.

"Heh, you're right."

I directed my gaze to the source of the voice.

There was a man with slicked back black hair. he had a black goatee and no eyebrows. He was wearing the same attire as the bald one.

"Hand over the girl and you just might live," he demanded.

I looked down at Mayuki. I was about to say no, but that knucklehead ninja spoke.