Chapter 40

I had exams and forgot to tell you guys... Gomen T.T

But here are my results ^.^

English 120 (level 2): B

Sociology 111 (Level 1): A

Health 100 (Level 1) 100% A

I need to get the rest back but Sorryyy

Enjoy ^.^

**************************************************

Mayuki

I sat cross-legged on a rock. The sound of the water was music to my ears as I did my daily meditation. I breathed in and breathed out as I concentrated my chakra to my eyes. Slowly, I felt my eyes changing from its original color to my kekke genkai and back to its original state. Itachi said that this training would make it easier for me to control it in battle.

"Hey," said a voice that broke me out of my trance. My eyes shot open and I looked up. It was my mother standing over me. I sighed and looked down again.

"Yes, mother," I said while resuming my training.

"I guess I have some explaining to do," she said. She stopped me in the middle of my chakra flow, seeing as I couldn't concentrate while she told her story. I heard moving water, prompting me to look up. My eyes widened in shock, seeing as my mother was manipulating the water like a water bender from The Last Air Bender. "Well you see, I wasn't sure whether to tell your dad what I was. I was afraid that he would reject me, if he found out. I was so scared that I was in a new place, and I was one of the only two people who had chakra in that world."

"Two people?" I asked as I gained interest in her story.

"Yes, I assume you know Masashi Kishimoto?" she said with a smile on her face.

My mouth widened a bit as I slowly nodded my head.

"How do you think that he can get the events of this world so precisely, unless..."

"...unless if he is a Kitsune," I finished in an awestricken voice.

My mother nodded. "It wasn't that I didn't want to tell him, I did," she said in a small voice. "I wanted to make it snow for him in the summer, I wanted to make marvelous water displays for him, I wanted to show him how beautiful I can make his world." My hatred that I had built up for her from finding out her secret, was slowly dissipating. Tears slowly slid down her cheeks. "I didn't want to leave you, neither Anne, or your father. I loved all of you... but... but things happened. Things that I couldn't control. I tried so hard to master the jutsu that allowed me to come back, but I couldn't. I've spent so many years searching for a means to communicate with you, but it felt like a barrier was blocking me. I could have heard you in your thoughts, but I couldn't communicate with you. How do you think I felt when every time you passed my portrait, you would grimace? When you would tell Anne to only clean half of the dining room? Even when you grew up calling Anne 'mama' for the first few years of your life?"

She was bawling by now. I suddenly felt something warm on my cheeks. I raised my hand and wiped it... I was crying. "Mother," I whispered.

"I didn't want to leave you. I thought that this path wasn't going to happen," she said. "I thought that we were going to have a regular life like what I predicted when I first came to the other world. I thought that I would bring all of us back here, but I was wrong." She hung her head down. "I even messed up Anne's life. It's because of e, she doesn't know who she really is, that she had a rough life and that her parents didn't want her."

"Mother," I said as I touch her shoulder and stared into her eyes. Suddenly, she gasped, and her tears stopped flowing.

"You... How... Y... You," she began stammering. I was beginning to get frightened.