Chapter 12- Kitsune

ANNE

Thomas and I stood in the front of the steel contraption that would hopefully bring back the thing most precious to us.

While he was getting the things set for us to travel, I started a conversation with him.

"Remember the first time I met Avacci?" I asked while leaning on the thing.

"Yeah, what about it?" he asked while making sure the machine was okay.

"I was just being nostalgic," I said. "She saved me from falling from the statue."

"I know," he said. "You were an accident prone rebel from then."

I smiled at him. "And after that, the two of us were inseparable." I looked at my flats/

"Yeah, you two were best friends," he agreed. "You miss her a lot don't you?"

"They say that time heals emotional wounds, but my wound was so deep, every time it heals, it reopens," I said.

"Don't worry, we'll get both her and Alyssis back," he said with a small smile on his face.

"We will."

We both slipped on our bracelets and walked into the machine.

"Ready?" he asked.

"YOSH! FREE THE SPRITS! I yelled.

"What?" asked Thomas as he gave me a weird look.

"I was reading a fan fiction of Konoha High called The Harem Sisters by haremsistas which is a joint account by JadeOpalAmber and starlestiale," I explained and grabbed his hand. "We are most likely to end up in Akihabara so this is a precautionary measure."

Thomas just shook his head at my childish ways then activated the device and the familiar lights and sounds surrounded us.

When it was over, I opened my eyes to see myself standing in a sea of anime looking people. Yup, we were in Akihabara alright. Stores that sold manga, figurines and other Otaku related stuff were all around us. I wriggled my fingers and let out a sigh of relief when I still felt Thomas' hand in mine. I turned to face him, but instantly regretted it.

"Thomas," I said in a monotone voice.

"Yes, Annabeth?" he answered in the same tone.

"We're children again aren't we?" I asked.

"Yup," he said while popping the P. "Ughhh, we really need to stop reminiscing about the past right before we head out to a next dimension."

"Agreed."

"Check your pockets," he ordered.

I did as I was told and checked the pockets of my light blue overalls. "Woah," I said when I pulled out a fat stack of cash and a cellphone.

"Just as I expected," said Thomas. "The machine does not only go by the destination in your mind, but it fabricates any other desires or subconscious wishes. I manipulated my subconscious into wishing for both of us to be equipped with the money used in this specific anime and a cellphone that worked here."

I was amazed. Thomas is one of the best inventors ever.

"Now let's go find Alyssis," he said while pulling me into a random direction.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The sun was now beginning to go down and most of the shops were now illuminated. It was a beautiful sight.