chapter three

We drove all the way in silence to his house. Much to my surprise we drove into the rich side of town. For some reason I always thought of Corey living on the rough side of town. He pulled into one of the biggest houses on the street, turning off the engine. "Well we're here" He said shrugging. "What the hell do your parents work as?" I asked in shock. "Finance or whatever, it doesn't matter we're here to do Science remember?" He said jumping out of the car.

I quickly got out of car following his lead. He began walking towards the back of the house. "Usually people use the front door you know?" I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes. "Just come this way, you don't want to meet my parents, trust me" He said taking me by the hand and dragging me by the side of the house. I felt a slight spark when he touched my hand but I just ignored it. As we walked through the house, I could hear loud voices yelling a bunch of words I didn't understand. "Just ignore them it's just business" Corey told me as he began walking up the stairs.

We finally arrived at Corey's room, it was surprisingly clean and his decor did not match his personality at all. His room was painted white with no posters on anything on the wall. I was expecting to walk into a room full of pictures of Bob Marley or the Rolling Stones scattered on the walls. I continued to look around to room to find any hints to his life but there was nothing. "So Sparky are we going to start this project or not?" Corey said turning my attention back to him, who was sitting on his bed at this point. "Oh sorry yeah" I said taking a seat on his bed. We started to talk about the project but it was so boring that we ended up going off topic. "So is this where you bring all your victims?" I asked him as I scribbled on my notepad. "Victims?" He said laughing in confusion.

"Yeah..you know all the girls you take advantage of" I replied. he chuckled to himself "You seem to have this idea that I'm some massive slut or something" He said frowning at me. "Do you really blame me" I said lifting an eyebrow. "No" He said laughing as he looked back down. "What's wrong with being a slut? Girls like me, I like girls whats the problem?" He asked smirking smugly. "Do you not believe in commitment or relationships?" I asked him interested.

He laughed loudly. "Are you serious? Relationships are overrated,this isn't 1955" He said shaking his head. "I can't believe you don't believe in relationships" I said in disbelief. "It's not that I don't believe in them it's just I've never been in one and never will" He replied. "Never?" I asked."Never" he repeated in a serious tone. "You're crazy" I said shaking my head. "You're the one who still believes in holding hands and being with one person, now who's the crazy one?" He said raising an eyebrow.

"Still you" I replied to him. We sat in silence for a moment before Corey spoke again. "So if you're such an expert on sex and relationships, why don't you tell me all about yours" He challenged me. I stayed silent, "Oh so you haven't been in one either" He said with a smug expression. "No but at least I'm open to having one unlike you" I replied. "I don't like being tied down and why are you so fascinated with as to why I don't like relationships?" He questioned. "I'm not, why would I care?" I said frowning back at him.

He didn't say anything else after that. "Hey Sparky?" He said after a while. I rolled my eyes at his nickname. "What?" I snapped back at him. "Have you ever kissed a guy?" He asked smirking, "Of course?" I replied matter of factly. He gave me a look of disbelief. "I have!" I continued. "Prove it" He persisted. "No!" I snapped. He placed his hand on mine leaning closer to me. I wanted to move away but for some reason, I couldn't get my head to move. I could feel his hot breathe on mine.

Neither of us moved from our current positions. After about 30 seconds Corey leaned in so he was hovering over my lips then started laughing. "You wanted it" he said smiling smugly. "What no I didn't" I protested snapping back to reality. "Yeah you did, you want me just as much as every other girl does" He said placing his hands behind his head leaning back on the headboard. "No I don't you are the last person I would ever want to kiss" I said collecting my things and throwing them in my bags. "You say that now, give it a few weeks" He said winking" Whatever I'm leaving" I said heading for the door. "At least let me drive you home" He said. I slammed the door behind me. I can't believe I let him manipulate me like that, It was never going to happen again that's for sure.