chapter forty three

I kept running until I got to the table Tommy and I were sitting at. I was so shaken up that my legs just flopped when I was barely on the chair. I sat on the edge, gripping painfully on to the side of the table trying to steady my breathing. I caught a glance of Ahdree from the corner of my eye. Her eyes widened bigger than I thought was humanly possible when she saw how panicked I was. "[Y/N] [Y/N], calm down what's going on?" She said flustered as she shook my shoulders roughly trying to get me to stop hyperventilating.

I opened my mouth to say something but before I could, a pool of tears began to run down my face. "[Y/N] speak to me, I can't help if you don't tell me what's wrong" She insisted holding on tightly to my arms. "What can I do?" She persisted. "Get..Wil" I said through my shaky voice. "Okay" She said shooting up into a standing position to go look for Wil. I began to calm down slightly due to the fact that almost the entire graduating class was staring at me like I was insane.

After what felt like years, Wil came running up to me. "[Y/N] what's wrong?" He asked kneeling in front of me and gently placing his hands on my thighs. "Tommy and Corey" I said pointing to the door. He raised his eyebrow in confusion. "Tommy and Corey what?" He asked me in an impatient tone. "Tommy and I went outside and he came on to me and I told him to stop but he didn't and then Corey came out and pushed him off me" I told him in a shaking tone. "Then what happened? Did Corey hit him?" He asked me.

"I don't know, he told me to go inside so I did" I told him. "Are you okay?" Wil asked. "Yeah I'll be fine, you have to go see Corey and make sure he doesn't make a stupid mistake just because he's angry" I told him anxiously. "Okay, where is he?" He asked standing up. "He's out the front, go quickly!" I said hurrying him along. "Okay..Ahdree Ahdree!" He called across the gym. "Yeah?" She said briskly running over to us. "Watch her, I'll be back in a minute" He told her. She nodded in agreement before Wil ran off towards the front entrance.

Every minute long that it took Wil, the more worried I got. What was taking him so long? What could have possibly happened between Tommy and Corey that required Wil to be gone for so long? I thought to myself. I jumped slightly as Ahdree's ring tone went off. She looked at the caller ID before looking back at me. "Sorry I've to take this, be back in a second" She told me before putting her phone to her ear and walking away.

I watched her and she paced back and forth in a stressed manner, every now and then placing her palm on her forehead. "Okay okay.." She said as she walked towards me before hanging up. "Who was that?" I asked her. "Come on, let's get you home" She said ignoring me as she helped me up. "Ahdree, what's going on?" I asked her. She smiled sweetly. "Nothing, it's been a long night for everyone, let's just get you home" She told me. "What? What about Corey and Wil?" I asked her. "Oh they're fine, don't worry let's just get you home okay? My car is parked around the back" She told me.

I realized there was no point in arguing with her so I just went along with it. I was too flustered to argue. I let Ahdree put me in the car and drive me back to my house. I stayed silent the whole car ride not thinking of anything in particular. It was barely even 12am yet I felt like I hadn't slept in weeks. I was surprised at how compassionate she was being. But that surprise turned to anxiety as I realized there had to be some reason why she was being like this. I knew she wouldn't tell me if I asked anyways so I was really at a dead end.

She helped me out of the car, bringing me to the front door. "Come on, let's get you a cup of coffee or something" She said going through my purse to find my keys. When she finally found them, she open the door, creeping through the house aware of not to wake my Mom up. She turned on the coffee machine as I sat down. "How are you feeling?" She asked, leaning against the counter. I shrugged, "Okay, I'm just worried about Corey" She told me. She didn't respond just tried to change the subject.