chapter twenty two

Wil walked out when he heard all the yelling. "Everything okay?" He asked taking my hand. "Not really" I said sighing loudly. "Do you want me to talk to him?" Wil suggested squeezing my hand comfortingly. "No! please don't" I said anxious to keep Wil and Corey's interacting to a minimum from now on. "Are you sure? maybe I could calm him down a little" Wil persisted. "No it's fine, he'll understand eventually" I said trying to convince myself more so than Wil. The bell rang indicating that it was time to go to class. "I got to go I'll see you later" I said leaning up to kiss him before walking to class.

I couldn't concentrate in class at all that day, I kept thinking about Corey and how hurt he looked when I told him. I wished that he had just gotten angry at me but unfortunately all I saw in his eyes was a look of pure disappointment.

At the end of the day, I put my bag on my back as I made my way down the hallways. I frowned in confusion as I heard familiar voices around the corner. I turned it to see Wil and Corey standing in the hallway yelling at each other. "You don't deserve her!" Corey said to Wil. "And you do?" Wil said chuckling. "At least I treat her right" Wil said yelling. "Oh yeah it seems like you were really treating her right the other night" Corey said.

Wil's expression filled with anger. "Don't fucking start Haim, that's none of your business" He said shoving him against the locker forcefully. "I think it is my business if you're hurting her" Corey said shoving him back. I could see exactly where this was going so I decided this was time to step in. I stood between them, placing one hand on each of their chests. "What the hell is going on? " I asked looking back from Corey to Wil. "Are you okay? Just breathe okay?" I said to Wil trying to calm him down as he breathed deeply with anger. "Oh yeah I'm fine thanks for asking" Corey said in a sour tone. I rolled my eyes turning to him. "Are you okay?" I said turning to him. "Yeah" he snapped fixing his hair. "What happened?" I asked confused. "Why don't you ask your boyfriend" Corey said walking off. I stretched my arm out to stop him but just placed it down again, because he was already halfway down the hall.

"What was that about?" I said turning back to Wil. "I just came over to talk to him and-" He began but I cut him off. "Wil I told you not to" I groaned. "I know but I couldn't let it go I didn't want it to be awkward between us all" He said rubbing the back of his neck. "And how do you think that went?" I said raising my eyebrow at him. "I made it worse didn't I?" he looked at me with a guilty look. "Maybe..but I appreciate you trying" I said wrapping my arms around his torso, looking up at him. "He'll calm down after a while" Wil said half smiling at me. "Yeah.." I said not exactly convinced.

The next day it was Friday and I had Science today which would give me a chance to finally speak to Corey. I walked into the cafeteria at lunch with Wil. I looked over to where Corey was sitting by himself, contemplating whether to go over or not. He made the decision for me as he got up and strolled out, walking right past me. I sighed as I sat down in our usual seats. Wil flung his arm around my shoulder. "Do you want to come over tonight?" Wil said to me but I wasn't paying attention. "Hello?" He said waving his hand in front of my face. "Hmm?" I said snapping back into reality. "Do you want to come over tonight?" He said chuckling. "Oh yeah sure" I replied to him. "Cool" He said grinning at me.

Later that day I was on my way to Science. I walked in and Corey looked at me before quickly looking forward again. I sat down sighing, fidgeting with my hands. We got through about half the class and Corey and I still hadn't said a word to each other. "Are you just going to ignore me for the rest of the year?" I said turning to him,he said nothing. After a few more minutes I turned to him again. "Seriously it's getting a little old, can you just say something? yell at me tell me that I'm making a mistake that I'm crazy to get back with him. Anything would be better than this silence" I told him. "I said everything I needed to say yesterday" He said still facing forward. I sat back in my chair sighing.