chapter thirty

I stood there in shock, I glanced at Corey who had the same look of pure confusion on his face. I glanced from him to Wil and back again. Wil looked at both of us with a massive grin on his face, not noticing what he did wrong. His smile turned into a frown when he noticed the tension between the three of us. "What?" He said with a chuckle. I cringed slightly to myself as I realised it was the memory loss, he had completely forgotten about our break-up. It was bad enough having to break up with him the first time but now I had to do it all over again.

"Wil, we broke up months ago..remember?" I said trying to bring it back to him. Taking his hand in mine for comfort. He stayed silent as he took in what I said. After a minute he let out a deep sigh, putting his face in his hands. "Oh God, I'm so sorry, that's really embarrassing. it's just after the accident.." He began but I cut him off. "Don't, you don't need to explain. I understand" I said squeezing his hand. "Sorry man" Wil said going in to hug Corey. "Don't sweat it" Corey said smiling at him.

We sat with Wil for a while, asking him about how much he remembered and how much he forgot and helping him with the things he did. It was sad to see him like that. He just looked unhappy and it made me sad.

Corey helped me into the car before walking around to the other side. He let out a deep sigh as he got into the car. "God, that was depressing, wasn't it?" I said turning to him. He nodded "Yeah, it's tough seeing him like that. But I'm just glad he's okay..I'm glad you're okay" He said taking my hand. I smiled back at him. "I love you, you know that?" He said in meaningful tone. I half smiled at him. "I love you too" I said leaning over to kiss him softly. "Come on, let's get you home before Madi kills me" He said kissing my cheek. "I'll come over after school tomorrow to see how you're doing okay?" He said as I got out of the the car. I waved before closing the door.

"[Y/N], is that you?" I heard Mom call from the kitchen. "Yeah it's me" I called back to her. "Could you come into the kitchen for a moment, there's something we need to discuss" She said in a serious tone and I knew it couldn't be good. "What's up?" I said sitting down by the counter, opposite of her. "Honey, you know I love you. And after your accident, I thought I lost you and it was the scariest moment of my life. And you know everything I do is because I care about you and just want you to be safe right?" She said. I knew this had to be more than your everyday heart to heart. "Mom..what are you getting at?"

"I don't know how to say this, but Madi thinks that your relationship with Corey is negatively effecting you and she thinks that the accident would have never happened if you weren't with Corey" She began. 'Mom that's insane, she's insane!" I yelled. "And I agree with her..." She continued. "What? that's ridiculous, my relationship with Corey has nothing to do with the accident" I argued. "Either way, you've changed a lot since you and Corey got together and I think it would be best if you had a little..break from him for a while" She said vaguely. "..What do you mean a break?" I enquired, raising an eyebrow.

"What I mean, is that starting Monday, you're going to a boarding school for a few months. And it's not up for discussion. It's for your own good and you can scream at me right now and tell me you hate me but it won't change my mind" She said but I knew it was hard for her to say. I sighed loudly, folding my arms. "I can't believe your doing this, just when things were starting to get good" I said shaking my head in disapproval.

"I know you can't see the good in this right now but in the long run it will be good. Your grades will be better and if Corey really loves you he'll wait. Besides Spring Break is in a month so he can visit you then" She said trying to make me feel better. I just nodded getting up from the chair. "I'm going to bed" I told her. "Okay, you're going to have to start packing tomorrow because you leave on Friday to give you time to settle in" She told me but I didn't respond.