When we were on fire

Callie's POV: 

The drive back to my house was longer then expected as I had to pull over a few times because I was crying so hard. This whole evening supposed to go way differently, but just like my entire relationship with Brandon; it ended in flames. I cannot believe that one lying whore can come back into the picture, and ruin everything. Finally after a very  long day I pull into the driveway, and turn off my car. I take a moment to pull myself together before walking into the house, and face my dad. He knows something is going to be up if i have nothing but sadness written all over my face. I got out of my car; walk towards the front door, and open it hoping my dad was still awake. "Hey dad. I am home." I holler, and put my wallet; and keys down on the bench. "Hey Cal." My dad says to me sitting in the living room on his computer. I walk over to the chair, and sit down feeling emotionally drained. "How was your trip to LA?" My dad asks putting his laptop on the table. "It was okay. Jude, and I had a great talk. He said he's going try, and get along with B." I say in a quiet tone. "Well that's good isn't?" My dad asks . "Yeah totally. I am going to get some food." I say getting up from the chair, and walk to the kitchen. 

"Callie. Something is bothering you so just tell me whats wrong." My dad says to me sitting at the counter. "Well after i dropped Jude off at Stef, and Lena's; i went to see Brandon. We wanted to spend some time alone, so we went for a drive. Anyways, we decided to go to his moms house." I say while grabbing my food from the microwave. Yes i kind of lied, but i wasn't going to tell him about breaking into Daphne's old apartment. And no way in hell was i going to tell him about Dani. "Let me guess, you had a conversation with Stef." My dad says to me causing me to let out a chuckle. "Sort of. We were in the middle of a conversation when you called earlier. So i went outside to talk to you, then Stef came outside. Just something about how she was trying to talk to me; I snapped on her." I say to him trying to not let my frustration come out. "Well what did she say?" He asks me causing me to put my fork down. "She said how awkward things were between us now. And then she had the nerve to ask me why i never told her about my feelings for Brandon. That caused me to snap on her saying that the last time one of us told her about our feelings, she slapped a restraining order on her own son!" I say letting out a loud sigh. "You know Stef isn't my favourite person for many reasons, but Callie she clearly loves you." He tells me. 

"Dad, I don't care. Secretly she thinks i'll change my mind, and that she can adopt me. Which is never going to happen as the love of Brandon is not going anywhere." I explain putting my plate in the sink. "Okay fair enough. Shall we change the subject?" My dad asks me. "Well one less thing. Jude asked me if he was allowed to stay here sometimes. I think i know the answer to this but he can stay here sometimes right?" I ask him. "Of course Jude can stay here. As long as it's okay with his moms as I don't want to go to war with Lena, and Stef again." My dad says to me with a smile on his face. "Great thank you. So is Sophia coming tomorrow?" I ask him. "Yes she is, and she's very excited about it. She wanted me to ask you to ask Brandon if he wanted to come for dinner tomorrow. I think your sister likes your boyfriend." My dad says chuckling. "Of course i'll ask him to come for dinner." I say to him my phone starts to ring. "Sorry dad it's Brandon. I'll be right back." I tell him as i walk out of the room. "Hey baby what's up?" I say to him. "Not much, my mom told me that I can move back into the house." He says in a small voice. "Oh wow that's a good thing. They didn't make you tell Mariana, Jesus or Jude did they?" I ask him trying to hold it together. "No they didn't." He says to me. "That's a good thing. Is it okay if i change the subject?" I ask him. "Yes please." Brandon says to me with a smile in voice. "Sophia is coming to spend a few days with my dad, and I. And she asked my dad to ask me to ask you to join us for dinner tomorrow. So you kind of have to agree as she is very persistent." I say to him causing B to laugh. "Well if Sophia is asking then sure I'll come for dinner." He says to me causing me to laugh. "Thank you. I am actually just going to finish talking to my dad then go to bed. So I'll call you in the morning. Night B I love you." I tell him feeling a tear roll down my cheek. "Good night baby. I love you too." Brandon says causing me to smile. 

After we hang up, i find myself still sitting on the stairs trying to find the motivation to stand up. "Cal?" My dad asks sitting down beside me. "I'm sorry dad, but i don't have the energy to talk anymore. I'm going to bed." I say getting up, and walking up the stairs. I needed to be alone, and figure out why my emotions were all over the place. These past few days have probably been the most emotional ever. And guess what, It's not over yet. Grabbing my phone i decide to text the person i needed to see at that very moment. Brandon. 

Callie: Hey I need to see you. Can you come over?? 

I hit send, and hope he responds.

Brandon: I am already on my way to your house. I'll be there soon.

I let out a sigh of relief knowing that in a few minutes I'll be able to hold him which was caused me to smile.  

A/N: I literally wrote this, and published it at 1:30 AM lol.  

Song at the beginning is called "We were on fire" by James Bay so check it out.