Chapter 4

Y/N'S POV

  I was woken up to hearing something breaking downstairs. I immediately sat up, and Chris was still asleep beside me.

  He turned on his side, before I immediately pushed him off of the bed and Chris whined saying,"Baby, really? If you are on your period again, please-"

  I blushed but slapped Chris and said,"Someone is downstairs. Go and be a man. I need you to protect me."

  Chris chuckled and got dressed, before I stayed upstairs and Chris made his way down the steps. I felt bad for sending him down there, but a window shattered in my bedroom. It was shattered by men with guns.
  I immediately gulped and threw the covers at them, before I ducked at gunshots going off and took my chance to be of some worth. I immediately started to try to take them down, before one grabbed me by my hair and threw me into the wall..

  I groaned and slowly got back up, before I punched one and took the gun from the other one. I pointed it at him, even though I had no idea what I was doing. I had also promised I would never use one either. I hope I did not have to..

  He held up his hands, while the other one was unconscious.

  I asked him,"What are you doing here? Why are you here?"

  He gulped, but frantically said,"We..we work for the Black Mask. He..he told us to come here..and..and kill your b..boyfriend."

  I frowned and immediately knocked him out, before Chris ran in the room and Batman was with him.

  I was surprised to see Batman, but Chris ran to me and said,"Baby, are you okay?"

  I looked at Chris for a moment, before I asked him,"Why would Black Mask be after you, Chris?"

  That scored Batman's attention. I was still trying to figure out how Batman knew to come here and how did he get in here?

  I decided to not ask him about it, but Batman said,"What makes you think it was Black Mask?"

  I pointed to the two unconscious men on my floor, which Batman looked impressed by.

  Batman nodded and said,"Leave that to me. I suggest you two lay low and get somewhere safe. If Black Mask is after one of you, then he will send reinforcements."

  Some words of encouragement, Batman..

  I nodded and thanked Batman, before he just nodded to both of us and left.

  I walked up to Chris, who was unusually calm about this whole thing. He seemed concerned about me, but he was not even shaking about having to take care of armed men downstairs.
  Me, on the other hand, I was still trying to process it all and thanked God I did not get shot myself. I, then remembered I was supposed to meet Bruce later today for lunch, but I do not know if lunch was considered safe in Batman's opinion..

  I went to call Bruce, but Chris took my phone and said,"I do not think that is a good idea. I will just go on to work, since we still have to worry about eating and everything. I know what Batman said, baby, but I do not want to get fired."

  I nodded and sighed saying,"Call me when you are on your way back, okay? I love you."

  Chris smiled and kissed me, before he just left me alone. I was stuck here in this house, that was just under attack, alone. I might as well go to lunch now, than be here at my home and get attacked again.
  After I washed up and threw on something nice, I made my way to my car and drove to the restaurant where the lunch was going to be held. When I made it to the restaurant, a limo pulled up in front of my car.