Chapter 12

Y/N'S POV

  After what happened between Bruce and I a few days ago, I had been staying at my own place for the last few days and told Bruce we needed space.
  Honestly, I was not taking it so well. I was highly upset with him about what he said, but I did miss him. I missed him a great deal, yet I had to pull myself together.

  I pushed myself out of bed and brushed my teeth. When I was done, I climbed back into bed and began to get to work. It was a whole different kind of experience working from home now, but I liked it. It worked well for me.

  As I typed furiously, I heard my doorbell ringing from downstairs. I put down my laptop and jogged down the stairs and over to the front door.

  When I saw who it was at the door, I opened the door and said,"Alfred, what are you doing here?"

  Alfred said,"I'm here to take you back to Wayne Manor."

  Oh Alfred..

  I replied,"Al, as good as that actually sounds right now, I'm in the middle of working. Maybe I could come by later on or tomorrow?"

  Alfred shook his head and began to look around for any sign of a bag.

  I could not help but smile and said,"You're not going to just let me stay here, are you? Bruce not doing too well?"

  Alfred said,"I'm afraid not, Miss L/N, but I do believe the issue will be fixed if you return. Miss L/N, I understand that his words hurt you, but he didn't mean them. The only reason why he is not here instead of me is because I told him not to. I was not sure if Master Bruce would make it back in one piece."

  I giggled and said,"Well, I don't blame you for being concerned, Al, but okay. I'll come back. Let me get my stuff."

  I grabbed everything I would need before Alfred led me to the car. He helped me put my things in the back, then he held open the door for me. I thanked him and climbed inside taking a seat.
  Alfred made sure we were both secure, then he made his way towards the Manor.

  We rode in silence until I asked him,"Alfred, do you think Bruce meant what he said?"

  Alfred said,"No, it hurt him as well. He did have to be separated from you, Miss L/N, and I have watched him drown in guilt for the last few days. It was wrong of him, I understand, but even Batman is human. He told me what he said to you, and I know he didn't mean it."

  I nodded and replied,"I figured he didn't mean it, but it still hurt to hear it from him. I just wasn't expecting it, I guess."

  When we came to a stop at the light, Alfred took my hand and said,"Miss L/N, it will be okay. Don't let this bother you to the point where you're exhausted. Your health is important."

  Alfred let go of my hand and drove us to Wayne Manor.

  Before we got out of the car, I said,"Thanks, Alfred, for caring."

  "You're welcome, Miss L/N. You're welcome."