Chapter 25

Loving the support so far!! Just comment, vote, and please enjoy!!

  Y/N'S POV

  Ughhhh, with every breath I took, it hurt so much. I looked in front of me and saw my fear again. I screamed and whimpered softly. I tossed and turned, trying to make out where I was. I couldn't, but I could tell whatever this was inside me was slowly killing me.
  With every turn I made, I would see my greatest fear. It only became worse, until I heard gunshots and screaming going off in every direction. I was slowly dozing off and still couldn't see anything well. After a while, all there was was complete silence. I felt strong arms pick me up, and I did not know what to do.

  I weakly pushed and took in the oxygen that I could digest at the moment. I started to get a headache and whimpered loudly. The person brought me outside and gave me to someone else. I was too weak to fight back or do something.

  I was put down and took deep breaths. When my vision returned, I took in my surroundings. 

  I panicked before a deep voice said,"Stay calm. You've been poisoned.."

  I looked over and saw Batman. I knew I was in good hands, but I really wanted to hit Bruce for being so vague and stating the obvious. 

  My breath quickened again, and I had to hold onto the dashboard in front of me. 

  Bruce said,"Breathe slowly.."

  I obeyed and took slow, deep breaths. Everything still seemed like it was going in slow motion, and I could feel that time for me was coming. 

  Batman turned to me and desperately said,"Hold on.."

  I just now noticed the police chasing after the Batmobile. Wow, that made sense now. Sorry, I was sort of dying at the same time.. 

  I noticed Bruce make a hard turn and worriedly said,"What are you doing?!!"

  He calmly said,"Shortcut."

  Bruce went up a parking garage, before he reversed into one of the parking spaces. I became even more nervous. 

  Bruce said,"Trust me.."

  I trusted Bruce with my life, so I decided to. Bruce looked like he was going to do something, and I hated that look. I quickly grabbed something, before he drove across rooftops and landed back on the highway. I noticed Bruce had lost most of the officers, but not all of them.

  I found myself dozing off and leaned on the window. Batman sped through the highway, and I managed to get my breathing under control. 
  The cops surrounded Bruce on both sides, before I was pushed around a few times. That made it even worse and I was struggling to hold on.

  Bruce dimmed his lights and turned to me. 

  He held my face saying,"Stay with me, N/N. Stay with me.."

  I just looked at Bruce, because I was trying my hardest. Bruce lost the last of the officers, before he drove through some back roads.

  I couldn't hold on any longer, and Bruce turned saying,"Just hold on.."

  I couldn't and took in my last breath. 

  I closed my eyes and heard Bruce yell,"Y/N?!!!" 

  I tried to respond, but it was impossible.

   RIA'S POV

   As I helped Alfred put out the last champagne for the guests, Alfred said,"Master Bruce wishes to see you Ms. Rivers."

  I nodded and thanked Alfred, before I rushed down to the Batcave. I frowned when I saw Y/N laying on the table.

  I rushed to her side and said,"What happened, Bruce?"

  Bruce took off his mask and said,"Y/N was poisoned by Dr. Jonathan Crane. I, thankfully, injected her and she's sleeping now. Ria, I need you to take her home."

  I went to object, because Y/N planned this whole party for Bruce. I knew she would want to see him when she woke up. Bruce gave me a look, and I sighed dropping it. 

  Bruce walked over to me and hugged me. I always felt awkward being hugged, but maybe Bruce needed a hug.

  I hugged back and said,"It is okay, Bruce. Y/N, will hold on for you."

  Bruce nodded and pulled away from the hug, before he said,"Thank you for taking her home and trusting me with Y/N. Drive safely, okay?"

  I nodded and gently picked up Y/N. I carried her out to the car, before I laid her down across the backseat. I jogged to the driver's seat and drove Y/N to her parent's house instead. Y/N needed to see them.

  When I got there, I noticed Y/N's mom blocking my way in. Y/N did not talk much about her parents, but because she often got homesick. She may not have said it out loud, but it was not hard to figure out. I could not take Y/N through the back. Her mom noticed me and actually gave me a smile.

  I just smiled back, but I needed to get Y/N inside. 

  I politely said,"Excuse me, I sort of need to get Y/N inside. She has had a long day.."

  Her mom nodded and moved out of the way. I carried Y/N up to her old room and tucked her into the bed. 

  I went to leave, but felt a gentle hand pull me back. 

  I turned and saw Y/N was up. 

  I smiled and said,"How ya feeling?"

  She weakly said,"Drowsy and weak, but I will live. Thank you for taking care of me. Is Bruce okay?"

  I nodded and smiled saying,"He is fine, N/N. I will let you get some sleep.."

  Y/N put her hands over mine, before she held them in her own. 

  I smiled and kissed her forehead saying,"I love you, too, Y/N. Anytime.."

  Y/N smiled at me, before I let her get some sleep. I jogged down the stairs and explained to Y/N's mom that she was up now and she could see her, but it might be better if she talked to her later. Her mom clearly was worried about her, but I just let her know that she was in good hands and to keep an eye on her.