Chapter 28

Y/N'S POV

  The next morning, I woke up to hearing soft cries and whimpering. I immediately realized it was Blake and found him buried under the covers. He was shaking and crying into his knees. I frowned and pulled him close. Blake tensed, yet he relaxed under my touch. He cried harder and buried his face in my lap.

  I ran my fingers through his hair and said,"Blake, what is it? Tell me what's bothering you.."

  Blake sniffed saying,"I..I do not want to go back home. All my mommy and daddy does is fight and I wanna stay with you. You..You take care of me. Please do not take me back there..."

  Blake's shaking increased, and I knew he was really scared of me sending him back with his parents. What could they possibly have fought about? Wait..did he get caught in the middle of it?    

  I shakily said,"Babe, did they hit you? Please say they did not hit you."

  Blake did not say anything, and my face dropped. I could not believe his parents would hit him. In Gotham, everything was expected..I brought him close, as he cried on my leg. I rubbed his back and whispered encouraging words in his ears.
  Blake continued to cling to me, and I did not want him to stop either. I wanted him to realize that I would be here for him. I gave him a kiss and held his hands.

  Mom, who was visiting, walked in and noticed me trying to comfort Blake. 

  She immediately smiled and softly said,"Hey Blake. How about you and I watch a little Scooby-Doo or Tom and Jerry?"

  Blake's face brightened, and he sniffed getting off my lap. I kissed his forehead and let him go.

  I walked over to Mom while she said,"Mr. Wayne called. He wanted you to meet him somewhere. He said you would know the place.."

  I immediately knew what Bruce meant and nodded. I gave Blake and Mom a kiss before I ran outside. I got into my car before I drove to Wayne Manor. Geez, it was completely wiped out. All you could see was black debris and wood everywhere. Poor Wayne Manor..

  I got out of my car and spotted Bruce fixing some hole on top of a well. 

  I smirked and said,"I do appreciate a man who knows how to fix things. Though, I could never figure out how to fix much myself.."

  Bruce turned at hearing my voice, but he immediately smiled seeing me. I smiled back at him and ran to him. Bruce spun me around, before he held me against his chest.

  I mumbled against his chest,"I am so glad you are okay. Everyone okay?"

  Bruce nodded and said,"Yeah. I am just thankful that you are still alive. How is the boy?"

  I leaned on his shoulder and said,"Blake? He is fine, Brucie. I thought you knew everything. Why do you not know his name? Uh huh.. Busted.."

  Bruce chuckled deeply and pulled me close saying,"Maybe it is because you're here in front of me. I can never think straight with you around. I do not know what you are doing to me, but I cannot stop it. You are a very beautiful woman."

 I blushed but smirked saying,"Did you just say I was a distraction? That was all you had to say, Bruce. I took that as a compliment, by the way. Aww, thanks, Batman. I love you, Bruce."

 Bruce leaned in saying,"I love you, too, Y/N. I love you, too."

 I kissed back and wrapped my arms around Bruce's neck. Bruce smiled and rubbed my sides slowly. I leaned into his touch and slowly pulled away. 

  Bruce put his forehead on mine saying,"Why did you burn down my house? Now I have to make another one!!"

 I giggled saying,"I do not know. Maybe I just wanted to see you actually do something yourself, Playboy. Look, you actually fixed that well. You are so cute, Detective."

  Bruce's cheeks flushed with embarrassment, and I chuckled at his facial expressions. Bruce gently pushed me away and handed me a beautiful, F/C necklace. I squealed and kissed Bruce multiple times. 

  He smiled and held my hands saying,"It is an early anniversary gift. Do not worry. I am going to do more, darling. It is a reminder of how lucky I am to have you with me. Go ahead and cry..."

  I hit Bruce's shoulder, yet I let my tears fall. Bruce wrapped the necklace around my neck, before he took my hand.

  He led us over to Alfred, before Alfred smiled saying,"Nice to see you, Miss Y/N. I was thinking that this could be a chance of improvement. Find a new location.."

  Bruce nodded and smiled saying,"The Southeast Corner."

  Alfred smiled back and nodded in agreement. Bruce carefully led me through the debris, before he had to meet up with Gordon. I wished him luck, but I needed to go back to my house.

  When I made it home, Blake tackled me in a hug and held my legs tightly. 

  I giggled and kissed his forehead saying,"I missed you, too, handsome. How did spending time with Mom go?"

 Blake smiled and sat back down in Mom's lap. I was guessing everything went well then.

  Mom smiled saying,"Darling, Ria called. She seemed rather upset and worried about you, but something else, too. That is unlike her to sound so upset. Talk to her, yeah? She needs you.."

  I owed it to Ria to try and comfort he. She was my best friend...

  After my mom finished talking, I was already worried about Ria. Hopefully, it was something small and fixable. Blake followed behind me, before I called Ria.