Chapter 20

Y/N'S POV

  I watched as Batman paced back and forth in front of me. He was getting nowhere with this case, but he was also causing himself extra stress as well. I pushed him down in his chair and put the plate of food in front of him.

  Batman pushed it away and said,"I don't have time to eat, Y/N. This case could change things for GCPD. Gordon has helped this city a great deal, so I owe it to him and the department to figure this out."

  I pushed the plate back in front of him saying,"But you also owe it to me and those around you to take care of yourself. You haven't eaten all day, and it's night already. Bruce, please eat, and I will just stay out of your way."

  Batman began to eat, and I smiled in return. I placed kisses all over his cowl and face, which made him smile.
I backed away from him and took a seat beside him. Batman got back to work on his case, and I decided to get to work on my next assignment.

  Yeah, I was still working for Mr. Smith, but I was not sure how much longer I would have this job. I was beginning to get to a place where I wasn't enjoying it anymore. Maybe I could ask Bruce what he thought?
  I looked over at Batman and opened my mouth to speak, but I closed it. I did tell him I would stay out of his way. If I talked too much, it would distract him.

  I focused back on my given assignment, trying not to draw attention to myself.

  After a while, Batman looked over at me and said,"Y/N, what's going through your head?"

  I said,"I'm not really feeling my job anymore. Is that a bad thing? Does that make me a bad person?"

  Batman reached over and held my chin saying,"No, you're an amazing woman. Nothing could change my mind about you. Everyone gets tired of their job, honey. It doesn't make you a bad person. What would you do if you quit?"

  I shrugged and said,"I don't know. I didn't think that far ahead. I just considered quitting, but I wouldn't know what I'd do. I guess I'd be here with the boys and Alfred."

  Batman smiled and replied,"The boys do tell me they miss you when you're out. I know you work from here or wherever, but it wouldn't be a bad thing for you to be with them more. Alfred also complains about not having the time to make more meals with you while you are working."

  I laughed and nodded saying,"That sounds like Alfred, and I would enjoy spending more time with the boys. I don't know. I guess I'll keep thinking about it."

  Batman kissed my forehead twice and said,"Take all the time you need, darling. I'm only here for support."

  I became quiet, so Bruce could focus on getting to the bottom of the case he was working on. However, it became harder to do when he found himself asking for my opinions on my hypothesis.

  Before we both knew it, I was in Batman's arms and we were talking about everything besides from the case.