Chapter 38

Y/N'S POV

  Gordon continued to point his gun at Bruce, but Bruce did not budge. I began to get nervous, because Jim would do anything if he felt it was right. Bruce was a man of his word, so he would never go back on his promises. NEVER...

  Harvey joined Jim and said,"That is not your choice, Batman. Blake needs to be with his family, and you aren't his legal parents..."

  I accidentally sneezed, which caused all eyes to turn to the Batmobile. I could see Batman roll his eyes in defeat, which made me sigh and get out.
  The police kept their weapons trained on me, but I just focused on getting Blake and I to Bruce.

  Harvey smirked and said,"Y/N? You must be Batman's girlfriend now? Is that what this is? You really are interesting, aren't you babe..."

  I rolled my eyes in disgust at Harvey calling me "babe".

  Batman tightened his grip around me and sternly said,"Do not call her that, Bullock."

  I smiled at Bruce's protective side, which I did like. Blake squeezed Batman's cape and did not take his face out of Bruce's armor plate. I frowned, because he was really shaken up and could not even look at us. Gordon tried to reason with me, but I was not taking Blake back.

  Of all people, I thought Jim would understand. He knew what it was like to lose someone you cared about. He knew what it was like to want to protect those you loved. I guess he was only focused on the mission right now. Harvey put his hand up, and every police officer held their guns up at Batman's chest.

  Jim angrily said,"You left me no choice, Batman. You have 30 seconds, or we take him with force. It is your call..."

  Harvey began to count down, and I grew nervous and paranoid for Blake's sake.

  I shakily said,"Batman..."

  Batman put his hand on my leg, which gave me some sort of reassurance.

  I realized Harvey was almost done, until we heard a voice say,"Now, what is with the rush boys..."

  I turned and saw Nightwing hanging upside down on the beams. I chuckled but smiled at Dick showing up. He landed perfectly beside Batman and stood in front of us.

  Harvey rolled his eyes and said,"Great, another Bat-freak..."

  Harvey really was irritating..I never loosened my grip on Blake, which I knew made Blake feel safe and secure.
I saw smoke pellets appear, and it clouded our vision. Batman protected Blake and I, but I realized the men were still here. That was odd...
  I looked in front of me to now see Batgirl, Red Hood, Nightwing, Red Robin, Robin, and Batman guarding Blake and I. I immediately smiled and knew they could handle this. I could see GCPD shaking, which made me smile. Blake stared in amazement at his family sticking up for him.

  I was sure he had no idea of their identities, but he knew now. Harvey eyed Batgirl.

  Harvey rolled his eyes and sternly said,"Should you not be in a jail cell? That is right, I know..."

  Batgirl rolled her eyes and scoffed saying,"Listen here, Harv. I do not know what game you think you are playing at, but this is not going to end well. Blake stays and we are going to make sure of that. Try and take me down and you will not like it. Trust me, I don't mind knocking you down permanently..."

  Harvey stuck a gun in Barb's face, and she did not even flinch. She just smirked and kneed him where the sun does not shine.
  Harvey groaned and hit the ground. Barb laughed and sent me a wink, before I sent her a wink in return. Batman just smiled and shook his head, before our attention returned back to Gordon.

  He looked beyond mad and yelled,"THAT IS IT!! WE ARE TAKING HIM!!"

  The G.C.P.D officers ran towards the family and they quickly fought back. I noticed one officer running towards me. I panicked, but an impact never came. I looked up and saw Barb knocking him out, before she pushed me out of the way.

  A bullet went through her white skin, but she just winced and kept on going.

  After a while, the family had taken down all the G.C.P.D. officers.

  Gordon sighed and said,"He stays for now, but not forever. Let's go, Harvey..."

  Wow, that's it? Gordon escorted his men out and sent Batman an unreadable expression. I could not hold it in anymore and sobbed, holding Blake tighter.
  Blake let me and held my hands. I kissed his cheek repeatedly, and Batman wrapped his arms around us. I leaned into Bruce's touch, but I was so scared to let go of Blake.

  Blake held my arms and said,"Mommy, I love you."

  Batman kissed my forehead and wiped my tears, while I sniffed saying,"I love you, too, baby. I love you, too. Blake.."

  Batman ended up carrying us both Blake and I, before he tucked me in with Blake. Blake snuggled into me, before he slowly fell asleep.
  Strong arms pulled me against their chest, and I leaned up gently kissing Bruce. Bruce kissed back and rubbed my arms in reassurance, while I could not stop my tears.

  Bruce pulled away and continued to rub my arms saying,"Hey, it is gonna be okay. I promise you will always have us to count on. I love you, Y/N."

  I nodded and said,"I love you, too, Dark Knight."

  Bruce smiled and kissed my nose, before he rocked me to sleep.