Chapter 17

Y/N'S POV

  When I woke up, I was tied down to a chair. I squirmed, but there was no use in trying to escape. I looked around and noticed two henchmen standing beside my chair. One of them noticed me, and I recognized him. He was the one that hit me from behind.

  I rolled my eyes, while he smirked saying,"Looks like someone is up. I can not even get a kiss in reward.."

  I scoffed and said,"No thanks. The only man I will be kissing is Bruce Wayne."

  The henchmen winked saying,"You are a feisty one, I like that. There is no telling what the boss will do to you."

  The other henchmen chuckled saying,"Yeah, I would hate to be her right now. Here he comes.."

  I heard laughing, very disturbing laughing. Instantly, I knew who it was. I only became more concerned for my life.

  He appeared from the shadows and smirked saying,"Well, look what the henchmen dragged in. Good work, boys!! We've got her!!"

  Joker held my face saying,"I see why Bruce Wayne wants you, because you are quite stunning. Too bad, I have other plans to attend to...That rich boy cares about you, and I am gonna take everything away from him."

  I just looked to the side, while I said,"You are not gonna hurt him. Bruce has done nothing to you."

  Joker said irritated,"Why do you think I am here, then? This is all his fault, and I know it is. You are just bait, so I can get Batsy's attention. It looks like it is already working.. Batman's here. Bruce Wayne is for another day."

  I was confused as to what Joker meant, but I saw a random camera turn on. Batman was taking down some criminals, before he turned around.

  Joker chuckled saying,"Batman, you made it!! I am so glad that you did not ignore my phone call!! I guess we are still besties?!! You forgot something..."

  Joker put the camera on me saying,"Here is your lovely girlfriend!! As you can tell, she is not looking too good. You should not have brought her into our crazy world!! She is just going to get in between us. You better hurry up, Bats, because she may not be breathing when you get back."

  Joker laughed madly, before he shot at the camera. I could see the concern and worry in Bruce's eyes through that cowl. Joker pulled me out of the chair, before I was hit in my side. I yelped in pain, and I tried to get back up.

  Joker grabbed me and said,"Batsy should have known to not mess with me. You are just his consequence for ruining my plans!!"

  Joker threw me into the wall, before I roughly hit the ground. I felt my blood pouring down my sides. Dozens of henchmen stood over me and started throwing punches and kicks at me. I dodged most of them, but I could not keep it up for long.

  One kneed me in the stomach, and I gasped for air.

  He chuckled and said,"Not so tough, are you? Where is your hero now?"

  I lost feeling in my legs and then my balance after.

  The henchmen went to grab me, but Joker said,"No, bring her over here. We have work to do, boys!! The Bat should be here any minute now."

  They grabbed me and chained me to the wall. I hung my head down low, because it hurt too much to hold my head up.

  Joker held my face saying,"Be right back. Our guest has arrived?!!"

  Joker left the henchmen in the room with me, while he went to go find Batman.

  The henchmen said,"Hey, will we have to go up against the Bat? I was just asking, because I wanna live past this, you know..."

  I weakly said,"Well, you have got something coming your way. He is outside.."

  The henchmen hit me, which caused me to scream in pain. My insides were burning, and I could barely see anything. Most of those kicks I received were aimed at my face, and my eyelids were struggling to stay open.

  One of them sternly said,"Do not say another word, or I will not hesitate to put this bullet in you.."

  I heard a loud crash, followed by gunshots going off. I screamed and tried to get out of my chains.
Someone shot at my chains, before I saw Red Hood and Nightwing enter the room.

  I sighed in relief and weakly said,"J..Jason, Di..Dick.."

  Dick helped me down and carried me, while Jason said,"Do not speak. You might hurt yourself even more. We are gonna get you out, okay?"

  Nightwing ran me out, while Jason helped him pull me over the seat of the Batmobile. I did not even notice Ria sitting there at first. She immediately tended to my wounds and started applying pressure to them.

  Wait, did Ria know all of their identities?

  If so, when did she find out?

  Was she mad at me for not telling her?

  I flinched and she said,"Sorry, Y/N. Stay with me, okay? We are almost there.."

  Batman looked at me through the mirror, and I could see the worry and sadness in his eyes.

  Bruce said,"Ria, take over."

  Ria nodded and stepped on it.

  Bruce jumped over the seat and held my face saying,"I promised to protect you. I..I should have protected you. T..this is all my fault. Y/N.."

  Tears formed in Bruce's eyes, and I put my hand on his face saying,"You still made it to me, Wayne. I..I am just happy you d.did. I..I will b.be fine.."

  Bruce leaned down and kissed me.

  I weakly kissed back and let go saying,"I love you, Bruce."

  Bruce said,"I love you, too, Y/N. No, no.. Y/N, STAY WITH ME!!"

  I released my grip on Bruce and laid back against the seat. I tried to hold on, but everything went black.