Chapter 7

Y/N'S POV

  I was woken up the next morning by Bruce shaking me gently. I groaned and turned on my side.

  Bruce chuckled but said,"Y/N, get up, darling. You have to go to work, remember?"

  I pulled Bruce close by his collar and said,"No, I do not. Cancel for me?"

  Bruce sighed and nodded saying,"All right, all right. Stop giving me that face, please.."

  I smiled and kissed Bruce's jaw multiple times. Bruce smiled, before he talked on the phone with Mr. Smith.
  I stretched and walked into the bathroom, before my mind flooded with images from Bruce's and I's date last night. Hey, I called it a date, even though it was supposed to be "just lunch." Oh, whatever..

  I brushed my teeth and did my hair, before I walked out of the bathroom and Bruce was sitting on the bed. I smiled and sat down beside him.  
  Bruce wrapped an arm around me and made me look at him, before he leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back and rested my hand on his face, while Bruce put his hand over mine and tried to savor the moment.

  I giggled and ruined the moment by pulling away.

  Bruce sighed saying,"You always have to be the one smiling, don't you?"

  I nodded and Bruce held out his hand. I smiled and took it, before Bruce led us downstairs.

  Alfred smiled and said,"Morning, Master Bruce and Miss L/N. Miss L/N, how are you doing?"

  I smiled replying,"I am doing all right, Alfred. Thank you for checking up on me."

  Alfred nodded, and Bruce sat me in a chair.

  Bruce kissed my forehead, before he whispered in my ear,"You said you liked that in your sleep, so I will do it more often."

  I blushed in embarrassment, while Alfred chuckled.

  Bruce rested his hands on my shoulders while saying,"Alfred, Y/N has something to give you.."

  I got up and handed Alfred a cook book.

  I chuckled saying,"I know you like to cook, but I thought that maybe I could help you out and we could do it together sometime? Of course, Bruce will be learning, too."

  Alfred smiled big and said,"I would like that, Miss L/N. Master Bruce, may I have a word?"

  Bruce nodded before following Alfred out of the room. I walked around and looked at Bruce's different pictures hanging around the Manor.
  There were many pictures of his parents, but I could understand that. One picture caught my eye. It was a family photo of Bruce and his parents. Seeing that photo caused many questions to come into my mind, because I always wondered what it must have put Bruce through to go through something like that..

  Speaking of Bruce, he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me. The feeling was most definitely new to me and something I would have to get used to, but I did enjoy it.

  I just smiled and asked Bruce,"Do you ever wonder what it would be like if your parents were still alive?"

  Bruce stayed quiet for a moment, but he leaned on me saying,"I would imagine it would be very nice. Mom would scold me for pretending to be a playboy, when that is not who I want to be or am. I cannot say that I have not believed it myself, but-"

  I smiled at Bruce and said,"But Batman is who you really are. Bruce, as long as Gotham sees you trying to change, then that is all that matters. You decide who you want to be, Bruce. Not the press or news."

  Bruce smiled down at me and buried his face in my neck, which made me blush madly.

  He placed a few kisses on my neck, before he mumbled against my shoulder,"How did I get so lucky?"

  I heard someone say,"Sometimes, I ask myself the same thing, Bruce."

  I turned and saw Clark Kent, along with Lois Lane. I smiled at the two familiar faces that I had not seen in forever. I hugged Clark and Lois and they hugged back.

  I pulled away from the hug and Lois asked me,"The famous writer from the Gotham Newspaper ends up with The Bruce Wayne? When did this happen?"

  I linked my arms in Lois, before Clark smiled at me saying,"Long time no see, Y/N. You look beautiful."

  I smiled at Clark and thanked him, before I noticed Bruce tightened his grip on me a little bit. Was Bruce Wayne jealous?
  Bruce just greeted Clark and we were all in silence for a moment, before I did my best to catch Lois up on everything that had happened since I had last seen her.