Chapter 41

Y/N'S POV

  Barb had been getting worse, and she was...she was dying. I would do anything to help her, but Joker was aware of her weakness. He just made it worse, and Barb was still holding on for her family.
  After I got back from the nonsense Joker had me doing, I immediately rushed to Barb's room. One of the henchmen went to hit me, but I quickly turned around and punched him square in the nose. I giggled at him trying so hard, but this girl knew how to fight now.

  I rushed in and Barb was still asleep. I had to get her out of here..Barb moved slightly and opened her eyes.

  She saw me and sent me a weak smile and said,"H..Hey..."

  I rested my hand on her cheek and said,"Hey, Barb. I am gonna get out of here, okay? Just hold on for me.."

  Barb slowly and painfully put her hand over mine and sent me a look.

  I immediately recognized it and frowned saying,"No, I..I'm not leaving you here. You're gonna make it..."

  Tears formed in my eyes, and I could tell Barb was struggling to hold on. I continued to hold her hand and Barb's eyes started to close.

  I let my tears fall and held her face yelling,"BARB!!"

  I started to fear the worse, until we heard gunshots going off outside. Then, I saw a familiar black cape go by..Batman..I sighed in relief, but I was too worried about Barb to move.
  Barb started coughing up blood and turned on her side. I frowned and was doing everything I could to keep her alive.

  I heard footsteps and turned to see a henchman pointing a gun at me. I just covered Barb and closed my eyes waiting for impact. It never came, and I slowly opened my eyes to see Batman standing there. He sent me a smile, but he noticed me hovering over Barb

  Batman rushed over and tried to check on me, but I just pushed him towards Barb.

  Batman took off his cowl and turned Barb over saying,"Oh, honey, can you hear me?"

  Barb managed to nod, and Bruce sighed in relief. Tears formed in his eyes and he gently picked Barb off the ground.
  I walked behind Batman, but I felt a huge pain in my head. I slowed down and felt my knees go weak. I lost my balance and fell to the ground. I heard Jason yell my name, before I fell into unconsciousness.

 A FEW HOURS LATER....(Y/N'S POV)

  I slowly opened my eyes to being in another hospital bed. I looked around and noticed the whole family was in here, while Barb must have been in the next room.
   Bruce fell asleep with his head leaning back and Blake was in his lap. I smiled and awwed at the sight, before I tried to get someone's attention.

  I saw a paper clip and lunged it at Bruce. Bruce jumped, which caused Blake to fall out of his lap.

  Blake groaned and whined saying,"DADDY!"

  Bruce was too out of it to hear what Blake had just called him.

  Blake noticed me and smiled yelling,"MOMMY!! YOU ARE AWAKE!!"

  I smiled back and Blake ran to me hugging me tight.

  I hugged back and said,"I missed you, too. How did Bruce do without me?"

  Blake smiled up at me and innocently said,"Daddy cried a lot and even would ask me to sleep with him. I said yes, but because he needed me. Mommy, why was he crying?"

  I looked up at Bruce, and tears were forming in his blue eyes.

  I frowned and held Blake's chin saying,"Baby, give us a minute. Go check on Barb.."

  Blake gave me a kiss, before he ran out the door and walked into Barb's room with Dick.
  I smiled at the two, yet I noticed Bruce's gaze leave my own.

  I made him look at me, and Bruce actually cried saying,"Y/N, I..I'm so sorry. I should..I should have protected you and n.none of this would have happened. I..I was supposed to be here for you and I failed. You didn't deserve to go t..through all of this, and I should have known to treat you better."

  Was Bruce serious? He had already given me everything I could have ever hoped for.

  I stroked his cheek and wiped his tears saying,"Darling, there is no need to blame yourself. Not every bad day and kidnapping is on your hands. Sure, I missed you, but I am with you know, right? I would never take any of this back, especially knowing Batman still showed up to save me. I love you so much, Bruce."

  Bruce sniffed and leaned in saying,"I love you, too, Y/N. I love you, too."

  I kissed back and wrapped my arms around Bruce's neck. My body ached against it, but I ignored the warning and enjoyed my moment with Bruce.

  Bruce pulled away and said,"When you get back on your feet, I am taking you out."

  I nodded and I noticed the door open.  Barb walked in, while Jason and Dick helped her. She leaned over and gave Dick a kiss, but she ran to me. She hugged me tightly.
  I hugged back and tears poured down both of our faces, because we went through this together.

  Barb held me tight, while I cried saying,"Thank you, Barb. Thank you so much for risking your life for mine. I do not know how I would ever repay you..I love you so much.."

  Barb smiled saying,"I love you, too, Y/N. I love you, too."