Chapter 57

Y/N'S POV

  Last night was the last time I would ever be turning anything else in for the Gotham Newspaper. That's right, I had finally decided to let my job. I expected Mr. Smith to be completely angry about my decision, but he just told me to be careful and that I was more than welcomed to come visit any time. Huh, I guess because I had made such a good impression Mr. Smith understood that it was just my time to move on. This was a decision I had made on my own, without Bruce, but he told me he was behind me no matter what I did. I remembered that talk we had not too long ago.

  Speaking of Bruce, that man only became more lovable every single day. I loved the way he watched over Tom, Blake, and even the boys and Alfred. I did want to show Bruce how much I appreciated him, so I woke up early to make a big breakfast for Bruce. The boys, Alfred, and even Blake offered to help, but I politely declined every offer and did everything myself. I did let everyone know how much I loved them though for offering.

  When I heard footsteps, I immediately made sure the table looked okay and rushed into the kitchen. I pretended like I was grabbing something to drink, before I peeked out of the kitchen to see Bruce reading the note I left for him. I smiled at seeing the expression on his face, which told me he liked the note.

  When Bruce walked into the kitchen, he just gazed at me.

  I said,"Are you going to say something, Batman? What do you think? Is this too much?"

  Bruce walked up to me and kissed me slowly.

  I kissed back and wrapped my arms around his neck mumbling,"I fixed breakfast for you. You're going to eat it, Bruce Wayne."

  Bruce pulled away from the kiss and chuckled saying,"I was planning on eating it, Y/N, but I'm going to need help. Madame, will you join me?"

  I smiled at Bruce and replied,"I'd love to join you, Mr. Wayne. Please lead the way."

  Bruce rested his hand on my back and led me to the table. Instead of letting me sit down in my own chair, Bruce pulled me into his lap. I chuckled and just let Bruce have this, before Bruce and I enjoyed breakfast together.

...

  As Bruce and I watched a movie together, Blake ran into the room and Tim said,"Sorry, Mom. I tried to keep him away, so you and Bruce could be alone."

  Bruce looked over at Tim and replied,"It's okay, son. You can go. Blake's fine. Thanks, Tim."

  Tim nodded and I smiled at Tim saying,"Was that the first time you have called me that?"

  Tim raised an eyebrow and playfully said,"I don't know what you're talking about, Mom. I don't know what you're talking about. And you're welcome, Bruce."

  I just smiled even bigger at Tim before he left the room. Blake sat down in between Bruce and I and he looked around.

  I asked him,"What's up, Blake?"

  Blake asked me,"Momma, where's Tom?"

  I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair saying,"He's with Auntie Barb and your brother Dick today."

  Blake frowned and said,"But you didn't tell me he wasn't here..."

  I hugged him and said,"I'm sorry, Blake. He'll be back tomorrow."

  Bruce smiled down at Blake and then looked over at me.

  I said,"Bruce, mind your business."

  Bruce shook his head and said,"You are my business, Mrs. Wayne."

  Blake replied,"Yeah, Momma."