Chapter 72

Y/N'S POV

  After Bruce and I finished eating, I put all of our trash in the bag the food came in.

  Once the car came to a complete stop, I noticed we were at Wayne Enterprises.

  I looked at Bruce confused, and Bruce said,"I know, but just come with me. I promise I'm not going to waste your time."

  I said,"Bruce, I didn't-"

  Bruce just kissed my cheek and said to me,"I know you didn't mean any harm by it, but there's a reason I wanted you here. Just follow me."

  I followed Bruce all the way up to his office, before he moved a piece on his checkerboard. Opening a passage from his office. Bruce motioned for me to walk inside the tight-spaced area, which I did. Bruce walked in beside me, before we began to go down. It was dark for a few moments, but then it became very bright.

  I saw it was some sort of lab or operating area for Lucius and Bruce to meet. Talk about Batman stuff. Speaking of Lucius, he was here, but he was oblivious to Bruce and I arriving.

  Bruce called out to him and Lucius lifted his head, before he smiled saying,"Mr. Wayne. Y/N, it has been a while since I have last seen you. How are you and the family doing? Al, okay?"

  I nodded and walked up to Lucius, him pulling me in for a hug.

  I hugged him back and said,"I'm good, actually. The family is fine. Blake has been doing better. Tom already wants to know when he can start training as Robin."

  Lucius laughed and said,"I hope, for his sake, the day won't come when he has to be Robin. Crime has been down for some time now, so hopefully, it stays that way. You just never know in Gotham. One day it's incredibly low. The next, you have people like Joker, Calendar Man, Ivy, and Harley Quinn roaming the streets."

  I agreed with Lucius, but I exchanged a look with Bruce.

  Lucius looked between us both and asked,"Anything I may offer my assistance on?"

  I smiled saying,"I thought you'd never ask. Bruce and I, well I had the idea that maybe we could find a way to leave messages for the kids. A sort of personal connection for them when Bruce and I..you know..are gone."

  Lucius said,"A world without Batman? Now, surely that won't come any day close to now."

  Bruce smiled, but he wrapped an arm around me saying,"We're being serious, Lucius. This is for the kids. They need to know they will be all right without us. Please."

  Lucius nodded and led Bruce and I over to a computer, but I said,"We're doing this now?"

  Bruce shook his head saying,"No. This is just to show you how it works. Lucius will do what he does best and then, he will start recording. If either of us mentions Batman, then no need to worry. Lucius will secure it to make sure no one accidentally listens in and finds out about..everything."

  I nodded and Lucius quickly brought up a blank screen, but he said,"Then, whenever either of you are ready to just speak or whatever, just press that button and go."

  Bruce and I both nodded, before we each did a practice one. It was not that bad, but technology was not always my thing. I may have had a brain fart and pressed the wrong button, which almost set off an alarm.

  After that, Lucius just took back over.

  Bruce wrapped his arms around me as he stood behind me.

  He leaned on me and said to Lucius,"Lucius, I really appreciate everything you have done for my family and for me. I mean that."

  Lucius shook Bruce's hand saying,"No problem, Mr. Wayne. I'm sure your father would've wanted me to do the same for you, so there is no harm done in helping you out whenever you need it. You've also protected my family. And for that, I am very grateful, so thank you, Bruce."

   ....

  When Bruce and I both had the time, we went back to Wayne Enterprises and recorded our messages for the kids. All of them, not just Blake and Tom. The original plan was just to leave messages for Blake and Tom, but Jason, Dick, Tim, and Damian were Bruce and I's kids too. Sweet Alfred, Bruce and I left a message for him, too.