Chapter 49

MONTHS LATER, BUT NOT TOO MANY...

   Y/N'S POV

  Over these last past few months, Damian and Blake's relationship had grown stronger and I saw that brotherly bond forming between them. Whenever Blake needed someone, Damian was always there to help. I appreciated that, because I could not always be there with Blake.
  Currently, I was talking to Barb, while Blake was sitting in Bruce's lap. Bruce was telling him a story about a time where he took down Joker, and Blake was really into it. Every once and a while, Blake would gasp or scream when Bruce did side effects. I would just giggle and smile listening to Bruce, as well.

  As Barb was talking to me, I began to feel very sick.

  Barb gave me a worried look and said,"Y/N, are you all right?"

  I nodded, but I felt like I was about to throw up. I put my hand over my mouth, before I dashed to the bathroom. I threw up in the toilet, before I felt someone move the hair from my face. I thanked Barb, but I was not done. Barb continued to rub my back and hold my hair up, until I was finally done.

  I leaned against the wall and weakly said,"Thanks, Barb. Do you think I am-"

  Barb held the biggest smile on her face, as I did, too. That meant Blake would have a little sister or brother on the way. I did not want to get my hopes up too much, because I could just be sick. Well, I hoped I was expecting.
  Barb helped me up, before she led me to the bed. She helped me lie down, and I hugged her in thank you. Barb waved it off, and Bruce rushed to me.

  Where did he come from?

  He held my face saying,"Are you all right? Honey, please say something.."

  I nodded and held Bruce's hand saying,"No need to be concerned, Batman. I just do not feel too good. Will you get me some water?"

  Bruce nodded and leaned down giving me a kiss, before he went to go get my water.

  Barb brushed my hair out of my face saying,"Are you gonna do a test, when you are feeling a little better?"

  I nodded and held onto Barb's hand. She squeezed mine, but she did not let go of my hand. I smiled and watched Bruce walk back over to me. He got in behind me, before I leaned into his touch. Bruce was determined to give me the water, which made me giggle. I just drunk it slowly, before I gently pushed it away.
  Bruce kissed my nose and rubbed my arms in comfort. Bruce thought I was sick, so he called Doctor Leslie Thompkins, but I told him it was nothing that serious. Bruce ignored it, but I liked how he was taking precautions. When Leslie got here, she made the boys leave. I was sure she already knew my signs that were showing already.

  Leslie held my hand and smiled saying,"Are you excited? Congrats, Y/N, you're pregnant!!"

  I squealed and Barb did the same. Leslie chuckled, but she let us have our moment. Leslie ran some tests and checked me over, before she recommended to check on me every so often. I just told her she could check up on me whenever, and she appreciated me not arguing with her.

  Leslie gently put her hand on Barb's side saying,"How is your side doing? Everything going okay?"

  Barb nodded and gave Leslie a weak smile saying,"Getting there, Leslie. Thank you for checking, though. Trust me, Dick has been keeping a very close eye on me. I am fine."

  Leslie chuckled and smiled saying,"That is good, Ms. Gordon. I asked Dick to do that for you, because we do not want a repeat of what happened a while ago. We all care about you too much.."

  Barb smiled and nodded, before she made sure I was doing okay. Leslie hugged us both, before she left out.

  Bruce rushed in and said,"What is going on, Y/N? Please tell me you are not dying!!"

  I looked at Barb, before I yelled,"CONGRATULATIONS, BATMAN!! YOU ARE GOING TO BE A FATHER!! DRUM ROLL, PLEASE!!"

  Barb giggled and did an after-affect drum roll. I did not think they existed, but we did it anyway. Bruce smiled so big and attacked me in kisses.

  I kissed back and pulled away saying,"I love you, Batman."

  Bruce smiled and held my hands to his face saying,"I love you, too, Mrs. Wayne. I love you, too."

  Barb thought I was not watching her, but she was holding her side. Dick noticed and walked over to her.

  He rested his hand on her side and calmly said,"Take deep breaths, Barb. In and out..Do not think about the pain. I am right here with you."

  Dick never broke eye contact with Barb the whole time, and I watched in awe at the two of them. Barb smiled through her tears and hugged Dick's waist. Dick hugged back and kissed her forehead, before he made sure to keep a hold of Barb.

  As Bruce and I watched them, Bruce leaned on me saying,"I cannot wait till our child is born. I have always wanted this. Did you tell Blake yet?"

  I shook my head and said,"No, I thought about telling him on his birthday. By the way, Blake wanted Superman at his birthday party.."

  The look on Bruce's face was priceless.

  I laughed so hard, while saying in between breaths,"Oh..Wayne..I..love..you..so..much..boo..but..you're..killing..me."

  Bruce rolled his eyes, but I knew it was because he was jealous that Blake wanted Clark instead of Batman at his party.