Chapter 27

Y/N'S POV

  After I made sure Blake was tucked in, I kissed his forehead and ran my fingers through his hair. Blake moved slightly, but he kept a firm grip on my hand. I smiled and continued to watch him.

  I could see him being the type that held the door open for his siblings or for women, in general.

  I was brought out of my thoughts by hearing a voice say,"Y/N, can we talk?"

  I turned and saw Mom standing at the door. I nodded and smiled down at Blake, before I followed behind Mom.

  Mom gently closed the door behind her and sat down beside me.

  She noticed Blake asleep and said,"So, how did you end up with him?"

  As I ran my fingers through his hair, I said,"I was out there trying to give the cure to Gordon and protect anyone who was still caught up in the fear gas. Luckily, Batman helped me out with that problem. What's up?"

  Mom sighed and said,"I wanted to apologize to you for not being able to visit you, really, even though I promised I would visit you all the time. We could have hung out and had fun like old times, or even go to a party."

  I laughed and smiled at Mom saying,"I am sure you would have been the life of whatever party we went to, but it is okay. Mom, you have your own life to worry about and I appreciate that are here with me now. It may not be the best time, but you let Blake and I come here. How is Dad doing?"

  Mom laughed saying,"You know your father, always working and watching some game. He tried to get off of work, but I wanted him to stay at work and finish what he was doing. He was upset to not see his little girl, but I told him he could always come when you invited him."

  I nodded and thanked Mom, before she asked me,"How is this Bruce Wayne I am hearing about? Treating you well?"

  I stopped for a minute before smiling saying,"Bruce Wayne is very intelligent, kind-hearted, and sweet in his own way. He is very protective, but it is something you get used to over time. Bruce cares about everyone and is a softie, no matter how many times he denies it. I know things have been hard for him, but that is why he needs me. Mom, I really love him. Ever since I met Bruce, I'm not afraid to be myself and talk to other people. I just want Dad and you to fully be okay with this.."

  Mom nodded and sent me a weak smile saying,"I..I just did not want you to get hurt again. Baby, I am really sorry about the timing. Is there anything I can do for you, now that you are here?"

  I held her hand tightly saying,"Try to get to know Bruce and see why I adore him so much. If you do that, then you are free to visit whenever you can. Deal?"

  Mom smiled so big and hugged me saying,"Deal. I love you, darling, so much."

  I smiled back and hugged her saying,"I love you, too, Mom."

  I pulled away from the hug and noticed Blake was waking up.

  He turned on his other side and opened his eyes.

  Blake snuggled into my side and yawned saying,"Y/N, I am hungry.."

  I nodded and looked at Mom. Mom smiled, before she headed downstairs.

  I turned to Blake and said,"I am going to try to get you back to your parents, okay?"

  Blake nodded, but I could tell something was off. I didn't want to question him about it, because maybe he was just tired.

  Mom yelled from downstairs,"HONEY, DINNER IS READY!!"

  I looked at Blake and held out my hand. Blake smiled and took it, before I led him downstairs.

  I carried him over to his seat and sat him down, but I grabbed Mom's arm saying,"Blake told me he is allergic to seafood. You did not give him any, did you?"

  Mom quickly took Blake's plate, and I sighed in relief. She gave him chicken nuggets instead, and Blake's face lit up. I giggled softly, but I helped Blake break his chicken nuggets in half.
  I heard the doorbell go off and ran to the door, before I opened it. Dad stood there clearly tired, but his whole mood changed at seeing me.

  He pulled me in for a hug and said,"I am sorry, princess. Please forgive me..."

  I smiled and nodded, because I loved when Dad called me that. I kissed his cheek and slowly pulled away from the hug. He smiled and ruffled Blake's hair, before he went to find Mom. They hung out for a while, before I took Blake home with me.

  Blake rubbed his eyes and yawned, and I giggled picking him up saying,"Bedtime."

  Blake groaned and tried to escape, but I just smiled jogging him upstairs. Blake went to the bathroom, while I got in under the sheets.
  I laid down on my pillow and waited for Blake to get out of the bathroom. When he did, I noticed he had changed. I smiled and Blake got in under me.

  I was surprised, but I did not mind at all. He snuggled into me, before I brought the covers over both of us.

  I gave him a kiss and said,"You're a good kid, Blake. If you need anything, just wake me up, okay?"

  Blake nodded and smiled turning on his side. I wrapped an arm around him, before I fell asleep.