Chapter 52

6 MONTHS IN..

    BRUCE'S POV

   The next morning, Gordon called me in for a shooting that happened at the Monarch Theater. Just thinking about it brought tears to my eyes, but I refused to let my past overcome me.
I turned on my side and saw that Blake and Y/N were okay. I kissed both of their foreheads, before Y/N moved slightly in her sleep. I just smiled and wrapped the covers more around her, so she wouldn't be cold. Blake just ended up pushing the cover off of himself, which made me chuckle.

   I quickly got into the shower and went to head down to the Batcave, but I heard a beautiful, sleepy voice say,"Baby?"

   Y/N was up and gave me a confused look.

   Tears formed in her eyes, and I immediately rushed over to her side saying,"Hey, I am not going to leave you. I have to take care of work, okay? You will be fine..Alfred and the boys will be here to protect you..I promise.."

   Y/N nodded and kissed me, before I kissed back.

   She put her forehead on mine saying,"I love you, Brucie. I always will..Stay safe and do not get shot. Please.."

   I chuckled saying,"Sorry, beautiful, but I cannot make any promises. I am Batman, remember? I get shot at all the time, so it would not be the first time.."

   That did nothing to help, and Y/N did not look too happy about that. Well, I could just run out and..I quickly jogged downstairs and into the Batcave. Alfred was already down here. I smiled and put my hand on his shoulder, before I changed into my suit.

   I walked beside Alfred and said,"What are the casualties, Alfred?"

   Alfred detected my targets and laid them out for me. There were 6 on the Northside, 4 on the East, 8 on the Southern side, and 5 on the Western side.

   Why have so many on the Southern rather than the North side?

   You would think you would have more guards at the front, so you had no way in, but I was smarter than that. I had been doing this long enough to know the answer to that question.

   Alfred knew, too, so he leaned back in his chair saying,"Master Bruce, you will be fine. Good luck..Stay safe, all right? You have little ones to come back to now.."

   I nodded and said,"Understood."

   With that, I left in the Batmobile and headed towards The Monarch Theater.

    Y/N'S POV

   After Bruce left out, I just smiled to myself and slowly got up. Once I did, I felt like I had just gotten ran over. Now I knew how other women felt. I always thought they were just being drama queens, because some would overdo it, if you knew what I meant...

   I felt tiny arms wrap around my waist. I looked down and saw Blake.

   Blake tried to say seriously,"Daddy, told me to watch you and..and.."

   I giggled, because I am guessing the other words were too big for Blake to remember.

   Blake pouted and whined saying,"Mommy!! Don't laugh at me!!"

   I stopped giggling and pulled him close saying,"Mommy is sorry Blake. Will you please forgive me?"

   Blake gave in and nodded, before he gave me a kiss and snuggled back into me. I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair, and I heard footsteps entering our bedroom.

   My head snapped towards that direction and it was Barb.

   She said,"Easy, Y/N. I was expecting a hug, but sudden fright will do, too."

   I smiled and stood down, before Barb sat down beside me. Blake tackled Barb in a hug, before she hugged back.

   Barb kissed his forehead and smiled saying,"I missed you, too, bud. Have you been watching over mommy?"

   Blake nodded and put his hand on my stomach. Barb smiled and put hers over his.

   Blake leaned on Barb's shoulder, while Barb looked at me saying,"Need anything? If you do, please tell me.."

   I smiled at Barb and nodded saying,"When Bruce and I's baby gets here, I want you to keep an eye on Blake for me. He likes to be sneaky at times and run off. I will not be able to watch him, because you know.."

   Barb giggled and pinched Blake's cheeks saying,"Sure, Y/N, I got it. Blake, what is this about you being sneaky? Are you cheating on me?"

   I chuckled, while Blake shook his head and actually kissed Barb's cheek.

   Barb smiled and kissed his cheek in return, before she joked saying,"You better not have another girlfriend already, because we still haven't went for ice cream yet!!"

   I could not help but smile at Barb and Blake. I knew Barb would be fine taking care of Blake with how playful and close they are with each other.

   Damian walked in, and Blake yelled,"DAMI!!"

   Damian held out his arms, before Blake ran to him and hugged him tight.

   I blew Damian a kiss, before he softly mouthed,"I love you, too."

   Aww, Damian was just too much.

   Barb sat down beside me and put her hand over mine saying,"Do not worry, Y/N, we will get you through this. I know it is hard, but it will be worth it in the end. I will be here with you every step of the way.."

   I pulled Barb in for a hug saying,"I love you so much, sis. Thank you, Barb. Thank you, Batgirl, for being here."

   Barb rubbed my back and replied saying,"I love you, too, Y/N. Where else would I be?"