Chapter 69

Y/N'S POV

  Guess what? Jason ended up scoring himself another date, and he made sure to thank me for the talk. Of course, I told him I was here for him, and then Mom and Dad left not too long after that.
  At this very moment, the boys, Bruce, and I were enjoying a nice day at the park. Since everyone seemed to be dealing with something lately, I thought it would be a good idea to just do something simple.

  As I sat in Bruce's lap, Bruce looked like he was going to fall asleep any minute now.

  I gently hit his face and said,"Hey, Bruce, it's okay. I'll watch everyone. Take a nap. We're trying to relax."

  Bruce pulled me down with him and held me tight. This man was sleep in less than two minutes.

  Alfred smiled over at us, before I asked Alfred,"You're not going to play Frisbee with the boys?"

  Alfred looked at me like I was crazy, and I laughed saying,"Sorry, Al. I won't ask that again. You just enjoy the sun."

  I looked back to where all the boys were. It looked like Tom and Jason were enjoying this more than anyone else. Dick, Tim, and Blake wanted to do something else. So, they just decided to play football. Wait, where was Damian?
  Before I could overreact, it appeared that a girl had taken an interest in Damian. Damian looked back at me and I gave him a thumbs up and motioned for him to talk to her.

  Damian turned back to the girl and continued to talk to her. I watched the two of them, before Damian took a seat beside her. I did notice Jason keep looking over at Damian and the girl.
When Jason looked in my direction, I just smiled at him and then I decided to read a book. However, my reading was interrupted by Bruce knocking the book out of my hand.

  By the look on his face, he had done it on purpose. I kicked his leg and he groaned in pain.

  He said,"I'm awake now, beautiful. I'm awake."

  I giggled and replied,"Bruce, that was the shortest nap ever. You have only been asleep for five minutes. Go back to sleep."

  Bruce pulled me back down and said," I don't want to go back to sleep. I need to be awake."

  I looked Bruce in the eyes and replied," No, you don't. Bruce, really. We're fine. Everyone's fine. I've got it, Batman. If anyone needs you, I'll wake you up. Bruce, you look like you haven't slept in a while. So, use this time to sleep. Please."

  Bruce looked down before he gave me a kiss. I gave him another before he lied back down. I leaned on his side as I continued to watch over everyone. Bruce was going to get some sleep, whether we had to sit at this park all day or not. I wanted him to know that he was allowed to rest, too.