Chapter 39

Y/N'S POV

After what happened a few weeks ago, things in Gotham had been tense. You know what that meant? Gordon was now against Batman, so we backtracked from what happened about 8 years ago.
For Bruce, he was blaming himself and being protective over everything.
Right now, Blake had just fallen asleep in my lap. Barb wrapped the covers around him and gently took him from me.

She chuckled and said,"Will you be okay, N/N?"

I nodded and said,"Yeah, but I am going to need you."

Barb nodded and stayed with me. She smiled and leaned Blake over to me.

Blake rubbed his eyes and said,"Night, night, mommy. Love you.."

Barb smiled over at us, while I gave Blake a kiss saying,"I love you, too, baby. Night.."

Blake waved goodbye to me, which I thought was the cutest thing ever. Barb chuckled and Blake snuggled into her, before she jogged him out of the room.

I felt strong arms wrap around me and knew it was Bruce.

Bruce kissed my nose saying,"How ya feeling, Y/N?"

I sighed, yet I smiled saying,"Getting there, Brucie. What about you? How did it go?"

Bruce sat down beside me and rolled his eyes, looking to the side. I guess it did not go well, then.

Bruce squeezed my hands and said frustrated,"I just do not understand why Gordon will not go through with this. Out of all people, he should understand why I want to protect the boy. If he does not want to play by my rules, then I will not go by his.."

I realized what Bruce had just said and stopped him from leaving the room.

I cautiously said,"Bruce, think about this. Do not just go out there and make the problem worse. I know it is hard, but just know that Blake will be safe and protected. You want that, do you not?"

Bruce nodded and intertwined his fingers with mine saying,"Of course, I do, Y/N,. I..I just do not want him to be so broken and devastated all the time. I know it is difficult for him to admit it, but he is truly afraid of what is going to happen. I am determined to keep Blake here and protect him. I gotta go to Wayne Enterprises and get Lucius' help. He is our best chance at solving this.."

I immediately nodded and gently pushed him forward saying,"Go, we do not want Gordon talking Lucius out of it. I know Lucius cares for you, too, Bruce. He should be fine with this.."

Bruce smiled at the thought, before he placed a sweet and loving kiss on my lips. I kissed back and held his face. Bruce let go and kissed my hand running out of the room. I giggled, because he was just too cute.
I heard a gentle knock on the door frame and Barb cleared her throat. I motioned that it was all right, because I was certain she thought Bruce was still here.

Barb sent me a soft smile, before she pulled out a chair and sat down in front of me. I clasped my hands together and pulled out some paper and many pencils. I handed paper and a pencil to Barb, before we got started on working out a plan to win custody over Blake. Bruce and Lucius had been working non-stop with the law and trying to get all the paperwork signed.

Barb gently put her hand over mine and said,"I know you are scared, N/N, but do not stress yourself out. It will only make it worse for Blake. If Blake sees you stressed, then he is going to think the worse. Blake looks up to you. Y/N, we all see that...I understand how you are feeling right now. That is why I am helping you, Y/N. Do not worry, we will win this..."

I sent Barb a smile back and hugged her. Barb hugged back, yet she winced in pain. I forgot she got shot the other day.
I quickly pulled away and apologized, but Barb just waved it off. I saw Blake run in and he hid behind Barb. I pretended to not see him, which made Blake laugh cutely.

Blake looked up at Barb and said,"I do not think she sees me.."

I smiled to myself while Barb whispered back,"I do not think so either. Why don't you comfort her? Y/N needs a hug and a kiss. Can you do that for me?"

Blake nodded and ran to me. He gave me a kiss and hugged my waist.

I hugged back and kissed his forehead saying,"I love you, too, darling. I-"

Alfred walked in and said,"Sorry to interrupt, but Ms. Gordon and Mrs. Wayne I need your assistance.."

I smiled at Alfred's name for me, before Alfred gladly watched over Blake. Barb and I jogged downstairs, and we noticed an older woman and man at the door. They must have been Blake's parents.. Blake looked just like his father.

His mom narrowed her eyes at me and sternly said,"Where is my son? You cannot just take my child!!"

Barb said,"Technically we did not take him. You just failed to be a mother. Now, if you want Blake, then you can just see him in court.."

Barb went to close the door, but his dad said,"We are leaving with him, whether you like it or not. Now, move out of the way and bring me my son.."

Barb and I stood our ground, but his parents were not having that. Last thing I remember was something being wrapped around Barb and I's mouths, before everything went black.