Chapter 31

Y/N'S POV

  The next day, I woke up comfortably in Bruce's arms. Bruce tightened his grip around me and brought me closer. I smiled and kissed his jaw, before I turned on my other side. I sneezed and Bruce ended up bolting up from his sleep.

  I giggled at Bruce's face but sniffed saying,"I am fine, Bruce, just go back to sleep. It was just a sneeze, Batman. Hey, where is my child? I mean, Blake.."

  Bruce just smiled and said,"He woke me up earlier this morning to ask me if he could spend time with Tim and Damian. I told him it was okay, and I guess he stayed with them. Do not worry, Y/N. I am sure he is fine." 

  I got dressed and headed down to the kitchen. I had to go turn in this work for my presentation later this week. Yeah, I still had my job..Alfred handed me cookies, then I walked out of the door.

  When I made it to my stop, I headed inside and into Mr. Smith's office. He immediately smiled and brought me in for a hug.

  I hugged back and chuckled saying,"I missed being here, too, Mr. Smith. Here is my article..I made sure I did not get distracted."

  Mr. Smith smiled and nodded, before he handed my article to his assistant. Mr. Smith handed me another file, and I looked through it. It was pictures of Batman at different crime scenes.

  Mr. Smith put his hand over mine and said,"I know this is a long shot, but I was wondering if you could interview the Dark Knight himself. I am told that will not be a problem for you. Plus, it could really get our business out more."

  I went to object, because Bruce was not the most open person about certain conversations. Then, I saw how happy it made Mr. Smith, and I..I could not say no to him. I nodded, and he smiled so big hugging me. I let him hug me, before he walked out. I groaned and realized what I just put on Bruce.
  I got the file and made sure I did not drop anything. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Chris at my desk. He was more muscular and still had those blue eyes. Those blue eyes that couldn't just do his job.

  He was leaning back in my chair, casually looking around. He was out of jail already? What kind of sentence did they give him? Not long enough..

  I immediately rushed over to my desk and said,"Get out of my chair. What are you doing out of jail?"

  Chris chuckled and smirked at me saying,"I'm here to get my girl back. I got you these flowers. Here you go."

  I snatched the flowers from Chris and threw them out the window. When I turned back to Chris, he was smiling. Why was he smiling?

  Chris got up from my chair and looked me up and down saying,"You look good. I'll be seeing you, Y/N. Have a good day."

  Chris walked out of the building, and I couldn't even sit back down in my chair. I was scared now, and I had no idea what Chris had planned.
  I let Mr. Smith know I was leaving, before I drove to Wayne Manor quickly.

  When I walked inside, I just took a seat in the living room. Bruce noticed I was back and smiled at me lovingly. I sent him my best smile in return.

  Bruce massaged my shoulders and said,"How was work? Everything go okay?"

  I smiled it off and said,"Work was great. I have to ask you something later, but promise you will not get mad at me? I do not want you to dump me.."

  Bruce looked at me in disbelief, but he held my face saying,"I promise to not dump you. Why do you keep on looking like that? Did something happen? Y/N.."

  I went to say something, but the doorbell went off. Please say it was not Chris...I opened the door and sure enough it was Chris.

  He had more flowers in his hand, and I rolled my eyes saying,"Chris, I am not interested. What makes you think I would take you back?"

  Chris just looked at me but smirked saying,"Come on, baby. I already gave you flowers at work and you threw them out the window. Then, I even bought you some more and you won't take them now? I'm offended."

  Bruce's eyes darkened and he stood in front of me saying,"She said she's not interested, and you need to leave right now."

  Chris nodded and glanced at me saying,"Okay. It was nice seeing you at work, Y/N."

  Chris left, and Bruce was gripping the railing. I could see his veins perfectly.

  I put my hand over his hand saying,"Bruce, he isn't worth it. Don't be angry."