Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Ally's Pov

I sat reading my book on the steps of the school library. It was a beautiful, cold day. I was living my new life, well, it's not really new, but everything was. "Ally!" Someone called out. I looked up to find the boy from the hospital running up the stairs. He attended the same school as me, great. I closed the book, got up, swung my bag over my shoulder and started making my way down the stairs, our shoulders brushing.

He grabbed my arm and said, "Wait. Just, wait." I said nothing. I was afraid and didn't know what to think. "I love you." I couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth. "Sir, please. We've only just met, and I don't belive we've ever been attracted to each other. You must have the wrong person." I replied, and hurried my way down without looking back.

**

Later in Biology, I found out he was my lab partner. As far as my memory's concerned, he doesn't seem to fit into my life, no matter how many times he says he does. "So the pulmonary veins are suppose to be on the left." I spoke examing the peice of cow heart on our bench. "Ally, I can make you remember me." Harry said, his peircing green eyes locked in with mine. "Harry, we're suppose to be dicussing veins." I quickly snapped. "Right. Sorry." He replied. Then reached into his pocket and pulled out a... RING!

I stumbled backwards and away from him. "Look, Harry. I'm sorry, but I'm too young to get married. I mean, we don't even know ecah other, we've barely talked... I just don't think - "

"Relax," Harry laughed, "I'm not proposing."

I held my heart, "Oh," I sighed in releif.

"This ring belongs to you." he paused, "I gave it to you, so when I wasn't with you, it would be like I was. Just take it, it's rightfully yours."

I took the ring, I don't know why, but it just drew to me. "Harry... I don't know what to say." The ring did click to me, flashbacks of paris, spain, china, it hurt, everything was coming back all at once.

I started to wince and hold my head, "Stop! Just stop! Stop it!" I screamed now. My head ached, throbbed, and felt like someone was hitting it with a baseball bat. "Arghh!" I continued to scream in pain.

Harry's arms wrapped around me, "Shh, it's alright, it's alright." His voice became deliacte and reassuring. I stopped thinking and suddenly everything was normal again. "What happened?" I asked. Then realised I was in the arms of a boy. "I don't know, maybe your memory is coming back." I felt as if I was in a trance. My eyes staring at his lips, my mind elsewhere, my heart thumping. "I have to go." I quickly excused myself. "What? Where are you going?" He called out. "Home." I replied, and sprinted out the door.

I paced myself home. I knew Harry, I did. But I just couldn't remember. I had to look for something, letters. I remember letters. I don't know what about or where from, but I knew it had something to do with Harry.

I opened the door slowly. My father wasn't working today, and I knew he'd be home. "Alexandra, is that you?" He called out. Damn it! "Uh..." I stammered, "Yes dad." He was doing some paper work in his office, "Why are you home at this time? Shouldn't you be at school?" I ran upstairs and responded, "I have a headache, dad. Please don't disturb me, I'm going to sleep."

I shut the door and rumaged through my room. Things flying everywhere. I was determined. It was then I found a little box under my bed. It had a picture of the Eiffel Tower on it and ribbons and bows around the edges. I lifted the lid up and found, pictures, letters, gifts.

First I pulled out a picture of Harry and I kissing under the Eiffel Tower in Paris. I did remember that. Then the letters he wrote me, I also remembered that. I smiled, because I remember, most importantly, how I feel about him. I put the ring into the box, closed it, and pushed it back under my bed.

I heard a knock at the door, and I knew, "Harry!" I ran down stairs so fast I got to the door before my father. "Harry!" I said, and jumped into his arms. He was shocked, but hugged be back. "Ally. You remember?" He asked. I cupped his face in my hands, "Yes!" I practically screamed, "I remember everything! And... I love you too." Harry smiled that perfect smile of his.

His lips were so soft, his tongue smooth. Our lips just couldn't stay away from ecah other. "Alexandra!" My dad shouted. "I told you to stay away from him." I was getting real sick of my father's attitude and his will to control everybody's lives. So I did something I should have a long tiem ago, "No. I'm sorry if that's not how you planned things dad. But lying to me... how could you?" My father was shocked, and he should be, because even I was. This was a side of me, he had never seen before.

"As for this moment, I'm living, MY, life. And you're not in it anymore." I watched my father's face go red with anger, but I continued, "And I appologize if I'm the not the daughter you wanted, and I'm sorry if I'm not going to turn out like what you expected, but this is not your decision. So, I'm moving out, dad, whether you like it or not."

And that was it. My dad and I were over.

______________________________________________________________________________________