n i n e t e e n

"What are you doing?" I whispered, my head against Michael's.

He sighed loudly. "I don't know, Josie...I just...I've got to go. See you later."

I nodded slowly. "Thank you for the coffee, I guess."

I watched him stand up and walk away, my heart throbbing with confusion. He seemed confused, even more so than I was. Instead of continuing to sit in the corner to read, and with only an hour left of my shift, I left work and went to the park. As I sat underneath the tree, I thought over what had just happened.

Michael had kissed me. Not just a peck on the lips either, I could tell it meant something. But I just couldn't figure out what.

I leaned my head on the tree and closed my eyes, drowning my thoughts out with music.

Suddenly, however, someone tapped my shoulder. "Hey, Josie?"

I turned and saw Ashton smiling at me. I smiled back. "Hey," I said, turning around to hug him. He kissed my cheek and then looked at my neck, stifling a laugh.

"Nice hickeys Jos..."

I turned bright red and then looked at him with a small smirk. "You too, Ash." I touched his neck, right on the purple mark. He placed his hand on mine gently before smirking.

"You should come to my place." He paused. "I-I mean, if you want to."

I bit my lip. "I-I mean...sure, yeah. Great."