t w e n t y t w o

I sat in the coffeeshop alone, a cup of tea in front of me. It was nearly silent, that is, until two very rambunctious boys burst through the door, looking around for something.

"Spotted her!" The blonde one shouted, running over to me. He nearly knocked an old lady over on the way, and quickly apologised to her.

The one with dark hair quickly followed, a large dorky smile on his face. "Hello, ma'am. Nice to meet your face."

I stared at the two boys with wide eyes. "I think we've got the wrong girl...Michael said she's got red hair, right? It's not blue still? Or is it? I forget."

"Calcium and Lucifer?"

"It's Luke—" The blonde one protested.

"And Calum," quickly quipped the other.

"Alright, Luke and Calum. Please sit down, you're making a scene."

Calum stared into my eyes. "Alright, here's the deal. We've got a bit of a problem."

I nodded. "I can tell."

Calum narrowed his eyes and proceeded. "As I was saying, we've got a problem. That problem is that you, very beautiful and very nice, I am sure, are in the middle of a very dangerous love triangle."

"Love triangle?"

"Love triangle," blondie repeated.

"Between who? Ashton and I are dating, you know."

Luke nodded, but then covered his face with his hand. "Well, that's the thing. You and Ashton are dating. But now you and Michael..."

Calum cut off Luke. "We know that there's a little something-something going on there, you know what I mean?"

"So basically, you need to choose."

I took a sip of my tea, trying to understand. "You want me to choose between my boyfriend and my friend...?"

"Exactly!"

I breathed in deeply. "Then, obviously, I would choose my boyfriend."

"Ooh, bad choice," Calum said, tearing a sugar packet in half. He watched as the sugar fell to the table, creating a mess. "Everyone knows you and Michael are meant to be."

"Last time I checked," I said, moving the sugar packets to the other side of the table, "Michael has a girlfriend, and I have a boyfriend, and we're both kinda happy where we are."

Luke shook his head. "That's where you're wrong, kiddo."

"I am probably older than you."

"Shut up."

"Make me."

"Ooh, don't you start with me—"

"Okay, as Luke was trying to say, you're wrong about that. Have you even met Chelsea?"

I cringed, remembering Michael's birthday party. "She kinda sucks. I wish I hadn't met her."

"Well, here's the thing. He doesn't like her...or rather, not anymore. Not since your little meetings and such."

"Guys, nothing happened between us, calm down. I'm happy with Ashton, he's happy with Chelsea, leave us all alone!"
 "No!" Luke shouted, making nearly every head in the room turn to our table. "You can't just let things be! You're supposed to be with Michael!"

And that's when I looked up to see a head of blue hair walking into the shop.